Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday folks, I spotted this one down at my local gunshop yesterday, its got a chrome receiver, blued barrel and mag tube, Walnut (I think) stocks and an engraving on the side of the receiver. And an obvious lever modification....Is it and actual model or has it been chromed?

Cheers, Scott.

·
Premium Member
18,025 Posts
Now THAT is a train wreck. I tried not to look...........but it was too late. Yikes. :-X

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
papajohn said:
Now THAT is a train wreck.
Yeah it is, but its going pretty cheap, I think If i gave it a new lever and stripped the chrome off the receiver and got it reblued it might come up OK. Its got a bit of "vibe" about it....

Cheers, Scott.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I think the chrome I could live with, but that lever has got to be the ugliest thing I've EVER seen! Easy enough to replace it, I guess.

Luisyamaha

·
Registered
205 Posts
OMG! The person who did that hopefully will up for a Darwin Award shortly.

·
Premium Member
12,568 Posts
That comes under the heading..."What were they thinking"! Yikes

·
Registered
246 Posts
;D So what... big YETI Hands! LoL ;D​

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Has anybody thought the guy that did that loop have a severe case of swollen hands, or very, very thick gloves. ;D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I reckon he may have been one of those fancy gun twirlers.... that could be the only explanation for it, 'Cos we all know theres no yeti's, right? ...hehehehe..... :-[

Is the engraved thingy on the receiver std?

Cheers, Scott.

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
I don't know if the engraving is standard but I think it is great. And what about that piece of lumber, is it beautiful or what?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah its got nice timber, its a bit of a shame its copped the Godzilla sized lever. Im considering rescuing it. Love a project.... ::)

Cheers, Scott.

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Yes, Obe-Won go and rescue it and put a NORMAL lever on it. I reckon it will then be fantastic. 8)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
D Harry said:
Doesn't look like chrome to me.
Hey D Harry, what would you say it is? Looked a lot like an older chroming job thats showing its age to me.

Cheers, Scott.

·
Registered
246 Posts
obe-wan said:
'Cos we all know theres no yeti's, right? ...hehehehe..... :-[
Oh forgot, in your corner of the world this "little one" is called Big Foot or Sasquatch or something like this. ;D
And I know they are existing, ;) have seen on here in the forum. :eek:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1894 .44 Mag said:
And I know they are existing, ;) have seen on here in the forum. :eek:
Hahaha, I dont doubt that for a minute! ;)

Cheers, Scott.

·
Premium Member
18,025 Posts
If you're referring to Dawei, one of our illustrious Moderators, and his avatar, I can assure you that photo he used does NOT really resemble him. That picture is badly out of date, and his hair is much grayer these days! :eek:

·
Registered
246 Posts
papajohn said:
If you're referring to Dawei, one of our illustrious Moderators, and his avatar, I can assure you that photo he used does NOT really resemble him. That picture is badly out of date, and his hair is much grayer these days! :eek:
;D yes I do. LoL
And you 'll find it googleling Big Foot or Sasquatch very easy,

so for my part I would prefer this one:

At least he sure has hair, in the opposite to me. ;D ;D ;D
http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,37608.600.html

·
Registered
433 Posts
Maybe it's the light, but gun looks like bare metal.

From the older Marlinowners forum there used to be a thread .. I think from somebody in Eastern Washington that said he was going to hunt
down a Bigfoot and shoot it, bring back the body to prove it existed.
Others said that would be murder, as BF was a man....
Thread went on for about 300 pages.... I miss that one!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts