Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any critical dimensions on the firing pin other than the front and rear stops? Also, any tricks to fitting a new pin faster? I've spent about 2 hours so far filing and testing, but admittedly going slow on purpose.

·
Registered
473 Posts
No quick way, just keep at it like you are. Have you studied the ideal strike on the .22 rim? Good pictures and diagrams are out there. Also the pin needs to be really free in the channel, as in when you tip the rifle forward and back, it should slide back and forth by itself.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No quick way, just keep at it like you are. Have you studied the ideal strike on the .22 rim? Good pictures and diagrams are out there. Also the pin needs to be really free in the channel, as in when you tip the rifle forward and back, it should slide back and forth by itself.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. I haven't actually studied the ideal strike, but it appears as though the pin I have for a replacement will barely strike the rim of the case currently. I may have to take a little off the front stop to get it there. The one I'm fitting is a NOS pin that I found on eBay. As a back-up, I purchased a couple of new (reproduction) from Numrich and another seller, as I wasn't sure what the difference in new and old style were. From looking at the supplied pins, I really can't see much difference.

I'm not quite to the free-floating point with the pin, but I'm getting close. Once I get it moving in the bolt correctly I'll address the stops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts