Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weeks ago I was in a Gander Mtn. store on a Friday morning. It was right around 9:30am and the weekly fresh delivery of .22LR was sold for twenty minutes already. I can honestly say as many times as I have looked for a decent revolver or rifle in the used section at this store I have never seen one that interested me. This trip was different. On the bottom rack, in the corner, flanked on both sides by much larger rifles, I spied a lever in the used section. Not any lever....but a lever I knew. I had to wait for an employee to find me and when I asked what is that lever action in the corner, he stated, " You don't want that, its a .32.". I said that I still needed to inspect it. What he brought out from hiding was an E serial number 39a in 90-95%. I was in disbelief. Only missing the hood on the front sight, this gun is a thing of beauty. One tiny scratch to the bottom left of the take down screw and a couple tiny marks on the top and front of the barrel. Great grain with checkering and a only a couple marks in the wood...no dings or dents. Story is it was a one owner original that kept it and never really shot it. Owner passed on recently and son-in-law inherited quite,a few fire arms from him. He traded this in for something he wanted. He said he never saw his FIL pick the gun up let alone shoot it. All the other guns he inherited he knew were loved and shot, this 39a, had no history, so it was the one to go. After fondling it for a half hour and checking with my wife (who doesn't care that I purchase but I like to discuss it first), I put 20% down and went today to get it. Also got two boxes of Federal auto match 325 round count boxes because I was purchasing a .22LR. ($20.00 a box). All in all, today was a good day.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402618343.762543.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402618361.364507.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402618372.335192.jpg

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Man you got a nice rifle there. Enjoy that baby. I know I enjoy mine.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Hey there revho!! Great find!!! I wish I had your luck. And I also was a big fan of Pabst Blue Ribbon

Jack

·
Registered
176 Posts
I bet that Baby shoots everything you feed it. But, I bet it will like certain ammo better. Enjoy the journey… Very Nice Find!
G. Mac

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
Very nice find. That rifle is in great condition for it sounds like a 66 year old rifle or any age really. I think the E serial number makes it a 1948.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
A good day ? :biggrin:

I would call it a GREAT DAY!

Congrats and ENJOY

·
Registered
661 Posts
Great find revho, what a nice rifle. I'm happy for you, and a little bit jealous.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Great day indeed! Happy shootin!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Good find...on the rifle...and the wife!! Congrats!!

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Fantastic find! I just took an 8 year old nephew to the range with my 39a this morning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts