Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the project I took on some 4 or 5 weeks ago is finally pretty well done. Is all I have left to do is a little cosmetic type surgery. No extreme make over! Some furniture work a a touch of blue here and ther and I will have a fine shooter. This was a first for me and can say I really enjoyed it and especially loved the end results. I want to thank you Vall for the parts. Got a decent trigger on ebay, a little light on the pull but will suffice quite well. Figured the neighbors wouldn't hear it so I chucked it full of shorts and filled the old phonebook full of lead. Boy what a blast! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Going to take it on vacation in about 3 weeks so my oldman and little brother can have some fun too. Pop had a 39 when he was just a lad so know he will enjoy.
A couple of my friends told me to sell it for a profit but, no way. She's mine and here she will stay! The only thing I have missing is a tang screw so please anyone out there that can help, throw me a line and I'll send you a check or M.O. Can you tell I'm happy? :D

G

·
Who's Vall? :? That's half of my last name! :shock: :shock: Glad you're happy with your project. Post some pictures, if possible.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vall is MM93 or marlinman93. Hope this helps you out. :)

G

·
Askel

Said your'e missing a tang screw....can't help with that...but just made me wonder if you've got a tang sight on that 39 of yours. I've got a Marbles Tang sight on mine and just love it.

Shot scopes all my life and was a little leary about going to a peep sight, but after getting used to it I was amazed at how accurate they can be.

Anyway, congratulations on your "new" 39. Post some pics when ya get a chance.

firstshot
-------------------------------
Make your first shot count!

·
Registered
496 Posts
There is an excellent chance that the current Model 39A tang screw is exactly the same. Parley

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will try to get some pics on in the near future. She's no beauty for sure. Had some rust spots from being left in the case for quite some time and also a nice mark was left where they removed the barrel when they did their reblue job on it. But the bore is nice and bright. Some of the screws look a bit rough but all cosmetic and will continue to work on those. The stock has a chip up at the tang and the forearm had a piece removed so they could tap the barrel and put a scope on. Will probably leave them as it really doesn't bother me to much and they are original to the rifle. It will make a great shooter. Nice to leave by the door for those yard varmints that happen to come and visit on occasion.
I will will go to Brownells as I have a catalog. Am going to go to Gander Mt. tomorrow or Tuesday and check with the smith there. He said he believed he had one laying around there. Thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will try to get some pics on in the near future. She's no beauty for sure. Had some rust spots from being left in the case for quite some time and also a nice mark was left where they removed the barrel when they did their reblue job on it. But the bore is nice and bright. Some of the screws look a bit rough but all cosmetic and will continue to work on those. The stock has a chip up at the tang and the forearm had a piece removed so they could tap the barrel and put a scope on. Will probably leave them as it really doesn't bother me to much and they are original to the rifle. It will make a great shooter. Nice to leave by the door for those yard varmints that happen to come and visit on occasion.
I will will go to Brownells as I have a catalog. Am going to go to Gander Mt. tomorrow or Tuesday and check with the smith there. He said he believed he had one laying around there. Thanks for the advise.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Askel,
Let me check my recently acquired parts. I believe I may have an original Marlin tang screw for the 39. I'll compare them to my 39, and let you know. Drop me an email!
Vall

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Askel,
Well have you shot it yet? If so how does it shoot?

·
Registered
201 Posts
w

Askel

If you can email me photos, I will post them for you. I still have photos Richard emailed me to post of your "Qween 39-A" before you purchased it.

DG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts