Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am new to this forum. I purchased 2 Marlin firearms yesterday from my dads friend in desperate need of money.
The First one is a Model 60 Semi Auto .22 caliber rifle.
The Second is a Model 39 Article ii still in the box with original paperwork produced in 1971 with a 24 inch barrel
I have done a little research on the rifles and I have found the Semi is worth 100.00 to 150.00, however I cant find an accurate price on the Article ii.
The man I purchased it from said he bought it new and never fired it. It is in excellent condition with the tag still attached tot he lever of it. Can anyone give me a round about price of what it worth.

I paid 300.00 for the 2 guns together. Did I overpay?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Just did a quick look at GB's completed actions. The 2 that sold recently went for $600 and $935, and nether were NIB, which will normally add to the value. You got a very good deal, and then some.

·
Premium Member
8,597 Posts
gcraftjr
Welcome to MarlinOwners from New York!!!

You did very well on your purchase. Both are very nice guns and the Article II is one I've been lusting for for quite some time now.
If possible please post pics.

Price 's are all over the map these days, but seems some have more money than brains... LOL

Enjoy
BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
10,859 Posts
Sounds like you got the deal of the year with that buy. Congratulations and welcome to MO from Micanopy Florida.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. From the sound of it I didn't get token for after all. I was worried the Article ii wasn't going to be worth the purchase. I haven't purchased a rifle in years and last one I did was just a used Lever action 30/30.
I have a picture of the 2 rifles together. I will try to get better ones later of the Article ii by itself.
Thanks again for your help. 20140602_100945.jpg

·
Registered
19,766 Posts
Welcome from South Florida and congrats on your new acquisitions!:tee:Heck of a deal!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turns out the guy I got these from has another .22 he wants to get rid of. He says it is a bolt action. Anyone know anything about that particular style? I am not an avid gun collector. I just own the ones given to me by my father. But I am willing to invest a little into the guns if they are a good deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts