Marlin Firearms Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
A pair

My Model 1936 first variation carbine made in 1937 Cal. .32 WS and my Model 36A rifle, small "c" Mfd 1946 30-30.

Wayne

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Here's my newest; it's a second variation 1936 in .32 special. Rifle version, not absolutely cherry but not a clunker either. I installed both sights, no holes have been drilled in the metal, Case color is worn, may very well have the incorrect buttstock on it, and someone had installed the two screw quick release sling loops. Removed the sling loop bases and what is left is four small screw holes, two in the forend and two in the buttstock. I may plug the holes with tiny hardwood dowel and file them back flush

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
834 Posts
My B model 36 does not have the flutes in the butt stock. It is my understanding those were only in the 1936 rifles. I do like the looks of the flutes being there. Marlin also could have used a left over stock.
Have a great day.
Jim

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
My B model 36 does not have the flutes in the butt stock. It is my understanding those were only in the 1936 rifles. I do like the looks of the flutes being there. Marlin also could have used a left over stock.
Have a great day.
Jim
I think mine has been replaced with a 336 buttstock, most of my tools have warts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I used to own a Model 1936 in .30-30, but let it go because it just never did much for me. It was in sort of ratty condition and I just never felt much of a connection with it.
Well, I've been eyeballing something for the last few months at a shop a couple of hours away. Yesterday, I stopped in and during the course of talking to a clerk and mentioning my interest, he decided to see what they could do. Price came down to just under 75% of what the tag read, so once again, rode home with a gun case bungeed onto the side of the motorcycle.

I've also posted these pictures in the Team .30-30 thread, hope that doesn't irritate anyone.
View attachment 112522 View attachment 112523
I would love to find a ratty one.it let’s my creative juices flow to bring em’ back.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have an 1893 made in 1900, a saddlering carbine,I bought in Maine years ago, I consider off and on about redo and have not been able to do it, the history in its appearance is a story yet unread,however the fascination with returning it to its new appearance is also there ,if I already had a casehardenig set up I probably would have weakened toward the redo side ,I already do rust blueing and the wood is in good shape …but there is a story there,in the wood,How many moose and deer and bear did this rifle take down? It was no safe queen,it was a working hunters rifle.It has a ,looks like a burn scar on it like it got contacted by a hot rod accidentally one time,and the case hardening is worn to a shine, little blu,except under the forearm .and I lost its original carbine buttplate years ago,I put it in rust remover and never found it again,I forged a new one but I’m looking for an original.The bore is not perfect but gives 1 1/2” -2” groups at 100 paces on a good day,so for an old timer still a hunter.I never have shot a deer with it but I am thinking this year as I am almost an old timer now but I do have more Marlins that may get jealous, i have to be careful!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I had to enhance a bit as the Lighting was poor and certain aspects needed to be seen I made the colors as natural as possible .the rifle is not as dark as it appears in some pics and the “ burn “ marks could not be viewed well.Also with that sight there was never any need for any fancy scope set up.
Product Everyday carry Musical instrument Fashion accessory Knife
Air gun Shotgun Knife Blade Everyday carry
Bicycle part Nickel Gas Cylinder Gun accessory
Wood Flooring Hardwood Auto part Bumper
Natural material Wood Tints and shades Hardwood Metal
Office supplies Gun accessory Air gun Trigger Shotgun
Bicycle part Nickel Metal Fashion accessory Pipe
Office supplies Wood Cylinder Nickel Font
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Shotgun

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Love the rifle,and if you can shoot well with that sight,my hat is off to you. That is only about 17" sight radius, and I would be handicapped by that. I do however want iron sights on my lever guns exclusively. Have scopes on bolt and single shot rifles.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
That blade IS a fairly fine blade compared to factory blades of today ,but it will shoot and I can see it if I squint right! Not as easy as when I was a couple years younger.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have a 1.5 power weaver on my 1895 ,and a UTG bug shooter on my 336 30/30,I also keep a peep on it for hunting ,the scope is for the range mostly , the carbine just has to be used as is.I also have a peep on my 1951 39.a fine shooter she is too.I generally sight in for 100 yds with deer and big game and set up to be good for 200 yds,but where I live I seldom see anything more than 100 yds.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts