Marlin Firearms Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's my Model 1936 not sure what the year of manufacture is but it does have the bulls eye in the stock and the serial # is B49XX.
I think its a 1937 manufacture from what I have read.

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

·
Registered
2 Posts
Marlin 36 A-DL, made in 1946

Funny thing happened to me walking through the local gun show... As I walked by tables and tables of firearms, seeing many overpriced, and others of various quality Winchester, Marlin, Remington rifles and shotguns, I focused on a funny looking Marlin lever action, that had a tag stating "Marlin Model 336 A-DL, 30-30 made in 1946". It sure didn't look like a 336, because it didn't have a round bolt... I looked closer and saw it was actually a Model 36, with really nice original blue. The owner told me that he had it since the late 40's.

I told him that I would think about it and walked away... I took 5 steps and turned around to ask him what his best price was. Long story, made short for about 1/2 the price of a new 336, I was taking my "new" model 36 home with me!

Gun Shotgun Trigger Air gun
Gun Firearm Trigger Shotgun Air gun
Gun Firearm Shotgun Trigger Wood
Material property Metal Steel Sword

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Nothing odd or rare about a Marlin 36's and 336's being mis-marked. I've has A's marked RC, SC's marked A, even one RC that was marked RS(HUH?)

·
Registered
92 Posts

Just finished this one a few months ago.
The stock had wood filler filling a chunk missing on the end by the recoil pad and had been soaked with what looked like floor stain. Took a while to get all of the stain out, it kept seeping back through.
Replaced the old shotgun recoil pad that was falling apart with a black Limbsaver.
I know a 30-30 doesn’t need a recoil pad but the stock was too short without it.
7 hand rubbed coats of tru-oil and she looks great now.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I'll repost a left side view of a 1st variation Marlin Model 1936 in rifle version in .30-30 calibre. Photobucket got too expensive. The Model was issued in rifle, sporting carbine and real carbine. This shows the 'perchbelly' fore end and the comb flute. There remains about 80% case colours on the receiver, hammer and top and bottom tangs.
Gun Tree Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Recreation Landscape
Gun Tree Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Recreation Landscape

·
Super Moderator
13,895 Posts
Beautiful sw, the way these rifles are meant to look. Just wonderful. Hope to take some 50's models I have and attend to the wood some, but that's it. Fine the way they are.

John

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Here is a 1936 in 30-30 that I recently bought. I will start a thread to ask for your feedback on it. But I can contribute to the picture thread.

View attachment 746721

View attachment 746723

View attachment 746725

View attachment 746727
It's very nice to see your carbine shown here. It has very nice colours and the blue on the barrel and tube are very good too. You'll see that the comb flute was removed in your model which is a second variation with a B prefix serial number. The butt plate is also a little different shape. Notably there is the increased wood in the forestock. This is the same in the sporting carbine and rifle iterations of the second variation. Now you need to look for one in a first variation to match it. Both variations are scarce whether in carbine, sporting carbine or rifle. I think the rifle iterations in both variations were the scarcest.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts