Marlin Firearms Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
I've never seen a front sight like that one, my 47' 36RC has the standard sight. My 36 needs a ejector (broken spring) but they're hard to find and different from the 336's so take care of yours. One day I'll figure out how to post pictures....maybe, technology has passed me by. :biggrin:
I think ejector's from a 93 or a 94 are the same Midway has them. WW

If you have the broken spring you may be able to drift the old nubbin out and use the long end. If it is not to short it will work. I think some one also sells replacement springs. I have a couple but not sure where I got them. WW

Numrich has springs for the 336 P#406410f they may work $3.35 WW

·
Registered
299 Posts
I used to own a Model 1936 in .30-30, but let it go because it just never did much for me. It was in sort of ratty condition and I just never felt much of a connection with it.
Well, I've been eyeballing something for the last few months at a shop a couple of hours away. Yesterday, I stopped in and during the course of talking to a clerk and mentioning my interest, he decided to see what they could do. Price came down to just under 75% of what the tag read, so once again, rode home with a gun case bungeed onto the side of the motorcycle.

I've also posted these pictures in the Team .30-30 thread, hope that doesn't irritate anyone.
Gun Grass Shooting sport Vehicle Recreation

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have posted these before but, what the heck. Love the looks of these.

Firearm Gun Trigger Shotgun Gun accessory

·
Super Moderator
2,365 Posts
'Nice to see all these beautiful rifles. I'm new to the Marlin lever game and getting educated here. What's the price range for a 36 in salvageable or better condition?
Price range for me was free! Brother in law's mother passed away a few years ago and he and his brothers/sisters decided to sell the old house as they all have their own. The place was old and needed a lot of work. First thing they had to do was clean it out. He showed up at my house with 4 guns. One is a broken old BB gun, another is rusted out JC Higgins 22 bolt gun, third was a Mossberg 16ga bolt, and lastly, a Marlin M1936. I sold the Mossberg for them for $100. The Marlin I wanted myself and took that to the range to test fire it after cleaning the bore. It would not fire. I discovered the firing pin was broken. The Marlin actually belonged to the oldest brother, he bought it long ago while in college to go hunting with a few friends. He never did end up going as he is not into shooting/hunting/fishing etc. He is a sports nut and basketball was his thing. He coaches the high school team now. Anyway, I asked how much he wanted for it and he said nothing, he gave it to me after telling me the story of why he got it. He never even shot it, just bought it at an old gunshop to go hunt for one weekend that never happened. He doesn't know a thing about guns of any type or how to even load it. So I got a free M1936. I replaced the firing pin and it shoots great now. It's not mint, has carvings in the wood but it has character. One of these days I'll get some pics of it and post them. It's a 30/30 carbine with full mag tube, made in 1941.

ETA: decided to get some pics now. Here's the photobucket link to more: Marlin 1936 Photos by M1Riflenut | Photobucket

·
Registered
142 Posts
Price range for me was free! Brother in law's mother passed away a few years ago and he and his brothers/sisters decided to sell the old house as they all have their own. The place was old and needed a lot of work. First thing they had to do was clean it out. He showed up at my house with 4 guns. One is a broken old BB gun, another is rusted out JC Higgins 22 bolt gun, third was a Mossberg 16ga bolt, and lastly, a Marlin M1936. I sold the Mossberg for them for $100. The Marlin I wanted myself and took that to the range to test fire it after cleaning the bore. It would not fire. I discovered the firing pin was broken. The Marlin actually belonged to the oldest brother, he bought it long ago while in college to go hunting with a few friends. He never did end up going as he is not into shooting/hunting/fishing etc. He is a sports nut and basketball was his thing. He coaches the high school team now. Anyway, I asked how much he wanted for it and he said nothing, he gave it to me after telling me the story of why he got it. He never even shot it, just bought it at an old gunshop to go hunt for one weekend that never happened. He doesn't know a thing about guns of any type or how to even load it. So I got a free M1936. I replaced the firing pin and it shoots great now. It's not mint, has carvings in the wood but it has character. One of these days I'll get some pics of it and post them. It's a 30/30 carbine with full mag tube, made in 1941.

ETA: decided to get some pics now. Here's the photobucket link to more: Marlin 1936 Photos by M1Riflenut | Photobucket

Very nice..............lotsa "character"

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
I still have my eye on one, an ADL. Would have had it already, but the butt stock has been busted and repaired. Not a real good job on the repair. May still wind up with it, I do like the looks of the bolt on these and the 93's. DP

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
These are so cool! They look like my 39A, but all grown up. I'm definitely keeping an eye out for one of these.

Reactions: M1Riflenut
21 - 40 of 75 Posts