Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Administrator
23,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is mine I bought a few years back. It's a 30-30 I bought that needed much care but the price was right. Came with a Lyman 57 peep on it but had a butchered stock and mutilated for end with a sling swivel mounted in the for ends wood.

I replaced the shortened butt stock with a crescent buttplate from precision and slimmed the fore end.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Can a 1936 play?

Jersey Girl's 1936.JPG

30-30 built in 1936.

B

·
Administrator
23,772 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Glad to see this sub-forum got going. May help with some of confusion...or just move it to another area :biggrin:! In any event, these are becoming my favorite Marlins!
Model 1936 SC in 30-30:
1936.jpg
and a 1936A in 32 Spl:
1936a1.jpg

·
Administrator
23,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 36 was my dads. he bought it in the 40's.I don't hunt with it much, because I
need a scope , and it would be a sin to scope it. Enter my 336W.
Is it just me or is the square bolt just cool looking?
If it's drilled and tapped on the side for a peep go that route. My 36 is drilled and tapped on the side for a peep and the tang for a tang sight.

Another option is to change the rear sight with the peep style instead of buckhorns.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
BOY, HOWDY!!!
Am I glad to see this thread!
It's time for the semi annual dig 'em out and oil 'em up routine. I'll try to post photos this weekend.
Thanks to all who joined the effort to get a little special place for these very special firearms.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I love the Model 36. Here is my 1945 36A. It has a left over 36ADL barrel, but not a deluxe gun. When I got it from a friend in the mid 60's, the bolt was jeweled still unknown if from factory or not. Late 60's, it was scoped and a fantastic deer rifle.

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts
Picked this one (36RC, "D" prefix...1947?) up at little local gun show last weekend. Kinda partial to the 1936's, but this one "spoke" to me in a low husky voice to take her home. Besides that, the front sight fascinated me...never saw a Marble sight like that. Bead just seems to hover in mid-air when sighting. Oh yes...another 30-30! 36RCf.JPG 36RCr.JPG 36RCfs.JPG

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I've never seen a front sight like that one, my 47' 36RC has the standard sight. My 36 needs a ejector (broken spring) but they're hard to find and different from the 336's so take care of yours. One day I'll figure out how to post pictures....maybe, technology has passed me by. :biggrin:

·
Registered
756 Posts
I've never seen a front sight like that one, my 47' 36RC has the standard sight. My 36 needs a ejector (broken spring) but they're hard to find and different from the 336's so take care of yours. One day I'll figure out how to post pictures....maybe, technology has passed me by. :biggrin:
Found the sight in a 1920's catalog illustration. Called a "Marble's Improved" model.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Model 1936

Only bad thing is a hole behind the Marlin bullseye where someone must have had a sling attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Two more of my 1936

tang_01.JPG

The red on the reciever is not rust. Is this color common on the older rifles that were case hardened?
Greg Rcvr_top_02.JPG

Attachments

1 - 20 of 64 Posts