Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the 30XX series were produced for OTASCO (Oklahoma Tire and Supply Company, or something like that).

They're basically a Glenfield Model 30, which in turn is basically a hardwood-stocked Marlin 336.

The last two digits of the model number indicate the year of distribution. I think they ran for about six years. Each year featured a different western-themed medallion in the stock--Pony Express, The Alamo, etc.

These were not high-end commemoratives; really more of a marketing strategy, I believe. I'm not aware of a real collector's market for them, but they turn up from time to time.

Someday I'll find a killer deal on a nice one and take it home with me...

·
Registered
118 Posts
According to Brophy's book, Moose_Maximus is correct. The medallion for this year (1979) was American Hunting Tradition. The serial number should start with OB. These guns were made for OTASCO for ten years from 1978 until 1987.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

i was curious, because my grandfather is not doing so well, and he gave it to me the other day. so i was trying to find a little info on it. i cant find any websites with that thing listed on it.

thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts