Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Model 27 in 25-20. There's no doubt it is the nicest one I have seen EVER. I'm not an expert but this one is very good. The wood is original and very good with a few minor dings from being stored. The barrel has a few minor dings from storage. NO RUST, no pitting. I have no idea of the value of this rifle. It retians about 98% of the original bluing in remarkable condition. I will post pics of the stamps and you will see that it is crisp. There is wear at the slide. The gun locks up tight and fires beautifully and accurate. The only problem is a clip that stops the next round from being allowed tho pass to the ramp, sometimes won't allow the bullet to load. I know parts are available, but I have no idea about working on these guns. Cam anyone help me with the value of these old guns? I love it but ammo is hard to find. I think the manufacture date is around 1909. There is no safety and it has an octagonal barrel. Thanks, Don

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way, but I think your 27 is refinished. The edges of the octagons are rounded over a bit, and the buttstock to tang fit appears to have gaps that indicate sanding. A 27 in original condition with that much bluing wouldn't have the corners of the octagons rounded, and stock should have no perceivable gap between metal and wood. The polish on the metal is also too high a gloss compared to original rust blued Marlins.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts