Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marlin has come out with the .357 model CSBL, but I can't find any one with it. When I go to my local gun store and they check their distributor's list they can't find it either. Even Bud's gun in Lexington, doesn't have one. Any ideas? If so many people want Marlin lever action rifles why does their web page say under Employment that they are not hiring?

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
I have wondered the same thing, if so many people want a certain model gun, such as a CSBL, why don't they just crank them out and sell a bunch of rifles? I think the answer lies in marketing, and their desire to sell you more than just one gun. If they announce a new rifle that they know is going to be a hotly desired item, but just make a few, at least at first to keep in our minds the idea of it being rare, they can raise the price much higher than if they flood the market and every gun shop has one. What they hope is that you will give up trying to find one and buy a regular 1894c but always have the burning desire for a CSBL and so then when one does come available, you jump on it, and they have sold 2 rifles, one at a premium price due to its rarity. I have seen Ruger do this for years with their revolvers until you wake up one day and realize you are a collector! That is what they want you to be, a collector of their guns! We all know we only need a small handful of guns, but if they can sell more and for higher prices it is a win for them, and it gives us something new to want!

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
I read the 1894SBL's aren't going to start hitting the shops until sometime this summer.....

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Schrambo said:
There's a 1894SBL on GB right now...
The only SBL's I pulled up after a search were 1895SBL's.......

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Based on a conversation I had with a factory salesman at the SHOT Show this past January, it might be another 4-8 weeks before we see them in the stores. As I remember the conversation, he implied they "should" be going to the distributors about May or June and be seen in the stores a couple of weeks after that.

Ed

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
they can't get new guns out if they are spending all their time fixing old ones that they already sent out. I just sent 2 new remlins back to the factory for warranty work this morning.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
six_gunz said:
Thanks for the link! It ended before I did the search, which is why it didn't pull it up..... I wonder why he hasn't relisted it?
You can't sell what you don't have?? Don't know, but it was a 3-day sale and closed way too quick... Something weird on that one... ???

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
the guy probably has a friend at the ilion plant that left it buy the dumpster in a trash bag for him to "find" while he was throwing something out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts