Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D
I bought another Model 1894 44MAG yesterday!
It is the Octogon model. Only 2954 made and only in 1973.
What a find! It is in excellent shape. Now I have three. The other two are a model "P" and a NRA commerative.

Coyote222

Reactions: BFPGW
G

·
After two trips to the gunsmith due to the "Marlin jam" my Model P .44 Mag that I picked up on auction last year finally functioned flawlessly :D . Put 50 rounds of American Eagle through it w/o a hiccup.

G

·
Congrats on the new toy.I shot my 1894 44mag today with Cast Performance bullets.I used 300gr WFNGC and W-296 20gr WLP W-W cases
lee crimp.These shot great groups.

I was the only person at the gun club today.It was 36* out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
1894 OCTAGON - great gun. My dad has one he bought new in '73. We have won quite a few turkeys with it at the local turkey shoot in the "swinging hams" event. I wish Marlin would bring that gun back or make a cowboy "carbine".

G

·
My 1894p has a good trigger action job, kick ease pad, ashley ghost ring and firesight with a Burris Scout - becoming one of my most favorite shooters . . .

So far, the Winchester jacketed soft point (JSP) 240 grain ammo shoots best in it - don't know why, just does.

·
Registered
47 Posts
COYOTE222 said:
:D
I bought another Model 1894 44MAG yesterday!
It is the Octogon model. Only 2954 made and only in 1973.
What a find! It is in excellent shape. Now I have three. The other two are a model "P" and a NRA commerative.

Coyote222
Congratulations Coyote222!! I too am fond of the 94's and can't seem to get enough of them! They can become addictive, and are real shooters too! I've never had any bad accuracy problems with mine and have become my favorite rifles to boot! Let us know how she shoots and post a picture if you can!

·
Registered
127 Posts
44 mag Marlins are my favorite lever actions. I picked up a '75-vintage today. Mine is the 20" barrel, full magazine version. I prefer the looks of half-magazines, but I believe they only made 44's with half-magazines in 1973. Maybe I'll have mine cut down. Has anyone had that done recently with good results?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anonymous said:
Congrats on the new toy.I shot my 1894 44mag today with Cast Performance bullets.I used 300gr WFNGC and W-296 20gr WLP W-W cases
lee crimp.These shot great groups.

I was the only person at the gun club today.It was 36* out.
How do they feed in your gun? Is your gun Micro-groove or Ballard rifled? What was the distance? THANKS! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts