Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I bought a Model 1894 44 Mag. rifle that was on sale at Turners Outdoorsman in California. I have wanted a 44 Mag. Lever action for years so now I have one. The reason I joined the forum is to get information about tang sights. Can I use the existing front sight with a tang sight? I have done a little research about tang sights. I will use the rifle for just target shooting and plinking but want to get as much accuracy as possible out of the rifle so I am considering a tang sight. I reload and have bolt action rifles that I shoot target with. I will probably put a scope on my 1894 sometime but I have always been interested in experimenting with a tang sight. I want to see what the rifle can do at 100 yards. Who manufacturers a good quality tang sight? Thanks Norman

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
Welcome to the Marlin Owners Forum from the Texas Hill Country.
A great place for friends to gather around the campfire and visit

·
Registered
964 Posts
Welcome from PA.

·
Premium Member
6,515 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
11,361 Posts
Welcome to MO from the Gunshine State.

One of the things I like about most tang sights is they usually go down lower than the top of the receiver. If that is the case with your sight the answer to your question will be 'yes'. Go on line to research. You will get what you pay for. Good ones are not cheap. After you narrow down some choices get back here to the forum and the experts will help you. AC

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! There'll be a tang sight expert along shortly I'll bet. Wish I could help. John

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Welcome to the MarlinOwners Forum from New York.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard! Enjoy your new rifle...

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Enjoy the forum...............

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Welcome from NE Indiana.
The only problem with tang sights on some Marlins is the serial number on the tang. It will require and adapter so you do not deface that number. That is the limit of my knowledge on tang sights. Enjoy your fortyfour.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana!!!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Congratulations on your new 44 Mag.
Hello and Welcome to Marlin Owners from the State of South Dakota
Welcome Aboard, Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Super Moderator
16,009 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Welcome from Long Island farm country, happy shootin'. Cheers:beerglass:

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Welcome frome Florida

1 - 20 of 25 Posts