Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received this from my grandmother after she passed away. Manufacture date of 1901 - before she was born. This was her deer rifle when she hunted in Washignton. I've carried it a few times (no deer, yet) and think, depending on where I draw, I may do so again this fall instead of carrying my Savage AC 114 .30-06. Someday it will go to one of my sons. Too bad my grandparents died before I could find out the history of their firearms.

·
Premium Member
7,255 Posts
Very nice little carbine. The scope is a nice Weaver too, and although the receiver was D&T to add the scope mount I still think it's very cool!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
marlinman93 said:
Very nice little carbine. The scope is a nice Weaver too, and although the receiver was D&T to add the scope mount I still think it's very cool!
Whether or not my grandparents did that or purchased it that way, I don't think they were thinking collector value. Does not matter to me since the sentimental value is where it is at. I have not shot this in over ten years but today I just picked up 5 Federal boxes for $11.97 each.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
I think its very cool. Is the scope mounted to the top or side?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leverdude said:
I think its very cool. Is the scope mounted to the top or side?
The mount is attached on the side but the scope is inline with the bore.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think it is quite a family heirloom , that 29S weaver is a nice old scope, and it looks like a weaver T series mount. Im pretty sure the sling hooks and eyes look like original,neat old rifle. Don

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
utbrowningman said:
The mount is attached on the side but the scope is inline with the bore.
Thats what it looked like but I wasn't sure. Much better IMO than drilling holes in the top.

·
Registered
32,303 Posts
That is a beautiful piece of family history. I am sure you cherish it.

·
Premium Member
14,191 Posts
Here are the pages you asked for.
Text Drawing
Design
Text
Text Font Diagram Parallel Paper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.