Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Model 92 in .22 cal for my grandson, holds 18 rounds of long rifle. Has a 24" octagon barrel with a Lyman 1A Combination Tang Peep Sight. Rifle is in excellent condition, barrel, blue, wood and everything. Mfg. in 1902. Real fun to shoot, you should see him smile. Feel I was real lucky, gave $300 for it. :D

Frank

·
Registered
19 Posts
I always renew both of my grandsons' memberships in the NRA every birthday. They are 4 and 2 years old, and their first pieces of mail when they got home from the hospital were "Welcome to the NRA" letters. The other grandpa (also LE like me) has already purchased and put away Ruger 10/22s for them. I will buy them high-powers, or let them select one from my collection when they get old enough. My only proviso is it has to start with at least .3 or 6.5mm.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Awesome present for your grandson. My granddad gave me the choice of his shotguns before he died. I was practical and took the winchester 20 gauge auto. Wished I would have been less practical and nabbed the Remington 1100 12 gauge. Good thing is my cousin got it so its still in the family.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Frank I am sure you probably know this but just in case that rifle is not designed to handle high speed ammo you should only use standard velocity ammo in it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts