Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant find any to gauge value or year made, serial 383XXX. Any ideas?? IMG_2789.JPG IMG_2787.JPG

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Nice '92 ya got there! This is just a guess but it might be around 1908. I have a couple rifles with 366xxx and 372xxx that I've been told puts YOM at 1907. The records are slim to none after 1906. Someone more knowledgeable will come along and have more info for you. Hope this helps.

Reactions: ratroddy

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I paid $450 for mine several years ago. There are a couple on Gunbroker in the $700 range asking price. Don't know if they will sell for that though...
Marlin 1892 Lever Action 32 Rimfire Rifle Used : Lever Action Rifles at GunBroker.com
Marlin 1892 .32 Rimfire octagon NR CA OK : Lever Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

From the factory, the rifle came with two firing pins, rimfire and centerfire. Rimfire ammunition has been obsolete for awhile now. Same for the .32 Long Colt center fire. The last I knew, Winchester still makes .32 Short Colt center fire ammuntion which will also work in your rifle. Wisners makes replacement firing pins.

If you would like to learn more about the rifle & cartridges......
.32 Long Colt ,Need Help

w30wcf

Reactions: ia1727

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
1892 MArlin .32 Info from the 1905 Marlin catalog

30wcf

Reactions: ia1727 and erimort

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Hi John---

Thanks for posting the CAS thread

Just read the entire thread on the CAS forum about the Marlin 1892 and the .32 LC. An old farmer friend of mine used to say "somedays you just have to persevere", certainly holds true with these 1892's. I've passed on some nice 1892's over the past years due to the inability to find any components at all for them. After reading this thread I wish I would have gambled and gotten one---looks like a lot of fun and a great lil' caliber to shoot. You and the group of people on that thread sure seem to have figured out how to get around the component problem, congratulations, great work and I someday hope to benefit from "your" hard work. Thanks again.

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Steve,
It was the 1905 Marlin catalog reprint that really got me interested in the .32. Thankfully I was able to found one locally. The heel type bullet has been a new experience for me. Finding original brass can be a bit frustrating but the fellow referenced on the referenced thread offers brass.

It has been an interesting journey, and a fun one at that ......:biggrin:

If you do become the owner of one of these neat little rifles, please let me know.

w30wcf

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Thanks John--

As much as I'd like to I have to hold off for awhile--I have way to many other unfinished gun projects right now-------unless I find a sleeper--:biggrin:. I do hope and plan to have one someday though. One of the guns for sale on GB that you linked us to is very interesting though---looks very nice. I can certainly see where these guns would be a lot of fun for the way I shoot---( not very good or very long range) and as a back yard plinker would be extremely inexpensive to shoot---once all components are found that is.

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Steve,
You are much too modest.... I can certainly see where these guns would be a lot of fun for the way I shoot---( not very good or very long range)
I know what you mean about too many projects.....

If you think that one day you might own a .32 '92 MArlin, you could pic up some components if you happen to come across some.

Back in the mid 1990's I knew that one day I would hope to own an original '73 in .44 W.C.F. so...... I started buying components, some ammunition and reloading dies as I found them. Three years later my dream came true and I was all ready to go.........

The other caliber I did that with was the .25-20. Although in that case, I had wandered into a gun store and found a bunch of .25-20 stuff ...bullets, cases in the bargain bin at really cheap prices so I could not pass it up. Then I needed to find a .25-20 to use them in. Kind of a reverse psychology......

w30wcf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts