Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a model 18 that some one had re-blued, but blotched the job and it has a major crack in the stock that someone put a bolt through it, to try to fix it.

I also have a model 38 that someone could not figure out how to take it down and tried to pry it apart with a screw driver left all kinds of nicks and scratches on the receiver along with lots of rust, and the barrel needs to be relined lots of rust and deep pits.

I bought them as a project guns and want to re-blue them correctly.

The model 38 has the internal parts white along with the inter magazine tube, should they be blued or left white?

The model 18 has all the parts blued should any of them be left white, like the inter magazine tube?

·
Premium Member
14,149 Posts
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=443670&catid=2842

Has original barrels for the 38 for $59.95. They also carry other parts, for the 38 and 18

The internal parts on the 38 should be white alone with the takedown switch and the safety and action release.

On the 18 the bolt, hammer, trigger are blue. Most everything that you don't see is white.

Here is a picture of my 38

And welcome to Marlin Owners.

·
Premium Member
14,149 Posts
Here are the 2 types of internals for the 38.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,149 Posts
And a parts brakedown.

·
Premium Member
14,149 Posts
And here are some pictures of my 20A. Should be the same as the 18. The screws would have been blue originally.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,149 Posts
The inner stays white on all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts