Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I went to the big flea market in Hillsville, Va. Today. I found a marlin model 101, a 1973, real nice shape prefect bore! It has the T handle on the bolt. I have never seen one before only read about them in Brophy's. The fella was asking 150.00 but I bought it for 125.00. Does any body have one and what do you think of it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have one I purchased very used back in 1980, as a beginner .22 for my sons. It's a very accurate little rifle, and is quite reliable. I would bet yours will shoot well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have one i bought several years ago, built in 1965. Looks terrific with a pistol grip cap stock that is narrow in the forearm, making it perfect for young shooters. My cocking knob is the ring and it works well. With an antique Weaver V-22 scope, my buddy at work has taken 5 woodchucks with 5 shots using Winchester hunting shorts at 40-50 yards. The hard part will be getting the gun back. I paid $100 for mine and it is one of my favorites. Best of luck with yours!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Bought one for my youngest many years ago. $40. Painted green camo. My son (in junior high) stripped and refinished the stock, there was a lovely piece of walnut under the paint. He's grown now, but still uses it a lot, despite having any of a number of other guns he could choose.

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
Congrats,
that’s a fine lookin’ rifle

·
Registered
968 Posts
Nice little rifle, I do all my shooting now with a single shots, a Marlin like yours, a 20GA NEF single and a .30-30 NEF single. There nice and light for an old man like me, and real simple to care for.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies. I wasn't looking for it and when I saw it well you know...had to have it. I wonder what kind of scope should I get for it?

·
Registered
968 Posts
I know, my favorite guns all came to me that way, happy shootin'.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts