Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Haven't posted much as the wife and I have been getting ready to go on vacation. I did manage to buy a Mod. 92 .22 cal. Ser. # A54XX. I know it is after 1905 but wondering if anyone can get me any closer to DOM. I put a new lever spring in her and she needed some serious cleaning. I also need a front and rear site if anyone out there can help me with that. I believe both sites would have been Rocky Mountain. Correct me if I'm wrong. I also need a couple of screws where the tang site was. Been watching ebay but nothing yet. Thanks! - Askel

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi Askel

I have been keeping some data on the Model 92. The highest number I have in the A series is A6936. I also have two with a C prefix. They are C69XX and C76XX. I have a long way to go on this model. By the way does the rifle have a star, bullseye or the serial number under the lever? Right now I could only guess that your rifle was made a few years before WW1. By the way does it say Marlin Firearms Co. on the barrel? Also does it have the 24 inch octagon barrel? Parley

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Parley the ser. # is on the bottom of the receiver not under the lever. It does say Marlin Firearms Co. Has 24" oct. barrel, no bullseye.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks Askel. I keep looking for any evidence to see if any Marlin Model 92's were assembled after WW1. :wink: Parley

1 - 4 of 4 Posts