Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm feeling prety good ,I have succesfully replaced all the parts in my action after I took it apart to mess with the feedblock[actually I had it sort of fall apart/disintegrate/explode in my hands while trying to take just the feedblock out!]45 minutes later I found the last part under the couch and finally figured out how to put it back together which is actually pretty easy once you do it the right way :shock: :oops: :lol: but,is there a pin in the end of the hammer strut where it protrudes from the spring plate ?There is a hole there and if you dry fire the action out of the gun it will come apart under spring pressure ,however none is shown in the schematics and think if the bolt is there for the hammer to strike against I think I it won't go forward far enough[the hammer] to pull out of that backing plate Imade a pin and it works but it looks fishy to me,being close to the trigger and all.Shootrj2003

·
Registered
734 Posts
That hole is for a temporary assembly pin to precharge the spring. There is also an oversize hole in the side plate where you can pull that temporary pin out when you get the lil stamped spring plate into the same side plate hole. :)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arrowdodger',
Thanks for the info,I had suspected something like that but did not notice it lined up with a hole for that purpose I'll take it apart and remove it now ,I wasn't sure ,because of the way I :roll: "diassembled" :wink: it,that I didn't lose it ,but,with it in place ,it sort of looked like a stoppage waiting to happen so I figured I better ask.appreciate it very much! Shootrj2003

1 - 4 of 4 Posts