Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all, I’m new to this forum and had a question I’ve noticed that my 336 is having trouble cycling rounds when I rack the lever. I’ve taken it apart and can’t figure out why. The action will open, but when I try to chamber the next round the lever binds up and I have to force it closed, I did notice I’m missing a couple of screws on the left side of the receiver, does anyone know what these screw are for? And if they could be causing my problem,? I need to replace them but can’t seem to find a part number on the schematic. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Welcome!

The screws that you are missing are carrier screw and the support screw for the trigger guard plate.
The missing carrier screw is the one that is causing your problem.
Don't force anything as you may damage the carrier that is evidently just flopping around inside the receiver now.
The missing screws should be available from Marlin.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Ebay can actually be a good source as well.

redhawk

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Like others have said.. the missing screw are important for the function of the action in the rifle. If you have a LGS, pay them a visit to see if they have the replacement screw for it. Otherwise order them. I would not continue to work the action without replacing the screws.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts