Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was one year ago that I found our sweet Milo evicerated and mostly devoured in the neighbor's front yard. I went looking when he didn't show up at the back door one morning. I was aware that we had a bobcat in the neighborhood, but gravely misjudged the threat it posed to our cat. I set my face against that bobcat, and vowed that it wouldn't kill any more neighborhood pets. It took 6 months, but I succeeded in trapping this 40-pound tom in my front yard in January. We miss Milo every day. He was a great cat, full of personality and love, and always snuggled with our Lab Sierra--they were buds. As for the bobcat, his pelt is being tanned and I should have it in a month or two.
image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
57 Texan, just a suggestion. My Uncle shot a Lynx once and had a rug mount with full head mount with open mouth. His was backed with green felt. He always had it hanging on the wall on a downward angle. The rug looked just like the monster cat was leaping out of a tree and coming right at you. I don't know what it would cost, but if I ever decided to kill a Bob Cat that's what I would do with mine. Very attractive and a great living room conversation piece.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
57Texan, I know that ''Payback'' won't bring your feline buddy back, but I imagine it does bring you some satisfaction that the bobcat won't do that to anyone else's pet. Thanks to you the local cats and dogs are safer now, take care, John.

Reactions: Slugnut

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Friends

Little animals can get so close to us that they will be for ever in our harts. We had to carry our little Buddy to the vet today. He is just not acting like himself. He was found the day of my massive heart attack. Boots is black with four white shoes. They sneaked him in the hospital just before my surgery. I know how you feel I can't ever stop feeling Boots in my heart. Best of luck and Blessings Don.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Texan , I got the same type problem over here in Mesquite , A dad gum coyote be boppin up and down the ally way in back here , and we have a little small winner mini Wennie Pup that stays in the house 99.5% of the time , but does go out back to do her little job ya know . I use to put her out the and leave her for a while to play and sniff around and little , ya know ? but ever since I seen the big tooth yote back there , I stay out there with her anymore . I'got a Trap set for that sucker in the ally , but haven't scored so far but Maybe I'll get lucky pretty soon .

I feel your pain Brother , about your Milo Kittie . I'd probably go Completely" Stark Raving Crazy Around here and end up in JAIL" er something if that Nasty Sucker grabbed my little Winner pup and ran off with her , I tell ya That" , She's just like our Child to us , needless to say , so My hat's OFF to ya Brother , Glad you Got That Nasty Sucker :congrats: that Grabbed Your Milo Kittie , over there at your place ....

Magnum :tee:

·
Banned
16,492 Posts
It's coyotes in New Mexico - small pets need to be in a safe place at night.

·
Wrangler
395 Posts
Sorry for your loss, but kudos on the capture, bobcats can be hard to trap.

It is very rural where I live and bobcats are hard on domestic animals here as well.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
So sorry to read about your loss. It's so hard losing one that is a part of the family.

-Bob

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I am very sorry that you have lost such a good and faithful friend. It' just been weeks since I lost my good feline pal. I know your pain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts