Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One week late!!! Supposed to have been 75%!!! I guess I haven't been living right!!! moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Arrrrggggh!!!!!!!!!!! I waited nearly 20 years to find mine! It's nowhere near 75%! Only a little over 1,700 made!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of those cases where the fellow called and said he had it and was not getting rid of it. AND if he did he would give me first chance at it. I am really sick as this guy really comes up with nice stuff. To top it off I sold my drilling and had a little cash. moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
What a bummer James! Been there myself, so I understand. Hope the drilling wasn't too dear to you!

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Hey Vall,

I tried looking at your photobucket link in your sig line. It dont work, the log in page comes up. No biggie but I thought you might like to know. :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Thanks Ken!
Hmmm..... Works when I try it? Not sure what's wrong?

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Might be it recognizes you & logs in. When you click on it Vall, does it have the boxes to upload pics? It shouldn't because only you can do that.
I believe when I put my link in I logged out of fotobucket & then copied the link because copying it while logged in did like yours is doing. I think anyway, I know it stumped me for a few.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I can't tell if it's working now or not, because it keeps trying to recognise me when I go to the site, even after logging out. I changed it to match your link, but with my number and name. Hopefully it's working for others.

·
Registered
147 Posts
marlinman93 said:
Arrrrggggh!!!!!!!!!!! I waited nearly 20 years to find mine! It's nowhere near 75%! Only a little over 1,700 made!
OK, I know of a small shop that has a 1881 in 32-40 and a 1888 in I think 22 It's a top eject side loader, I'm remebering a 22 but not 100% on that. Anyway - How much should I pay for the 1881 in 32-40?. Tight and shootable looks good, not lots of blue & not abused either. Has that looks right been treated well look. Just bought a 1893 38-55 and 1889 .38W, so funds are little light.
I am thinking it was reasonable - this dealer likes the old Winchester and Marlin levers and knows what they are worth. I just don't want to over pay. Cowboy fever has really affected the price of these old Marlins.

If I can't buy it - I'll post the shops name.

Levi

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
If it was bare, but not abused and all original, it will still go $1,000-$1500. That's if then bore and wood are solid.
The 1888 was made in .32-20, .38-40, and .44-40, not .22. If it's a .22 it's not an 1888, or something's wrong.

·
Registered
719 Posts
1888 in 22??????

:shock: i will get a signature loan if you found a 1888 in 22!
this is a dream~~~~~~~~
if,~i will take it and wake up Gwyneth Paltrow, and saddle up the unicorn to ride around the ranch! :shock:

·
Registered
147 Posts
The 1881 is a .32-40 w/ lots of orig. blue $2500.00
The 1888 is a .32-20 W/ lots of original finish & nice wood $1800.00
for a date with Gwyneth Paltrow I'll give the shops tel #.

·
Registered
719 Posts
ooohhhhhh.....aaaaahhhhhh.........

an 1888 in nice shape...it would be nice next to my 44-40 88'!...... :shock:
tell you what, you send it my way, and i will give YOU meg ryan, and for free, i will run her thru my time machine~she'll be 95% on the NRA scale!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts