Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever notice how some ladies look HOT with glasses on? Miss Belle has that naughty librarian look with her new Leupold on. It is a 1-4 x 20 leupold hog with the pig plex reticle. Deer all over North Alabama quivered as I tightened the final bolt. I love this pig plex reticle it is like a heavy duplex with fine crosshairs right at the center. Any of you guys have any sight in distance advice? I will probably shoot hornady 44 mag leverevolution ammo. Most shots will be well under a hundred yards but would like to be able to shoot 200 if the need arises.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Ever notice how some ladies look HOT with glasses on? Miss Belle has that naughty librarian look with her new Leupold on. It is a 1-4 x 20 leupold hog with the pig plex reticle. Deer all over North Alabama quivered as I tightened the final bolt. I love this pig plex reticle it is like a heavy duplex with fine crosshairs right at the center. Any of you guys have any sight in distance advice? I will probably shoot hornady 44 mag leverevolution ammo. Most shots will be well under a hundred yards but would like to be able to shoot 200 if the need arises.
Sounds like a 75yd zero. +.3" @ 50, -1.2"@ 100 yds, and -18.8" @ 200 yds with the 225gr LEVERevolution.

·
Premium Member
3,280 Posts
I've just discover a really good load for my 336SS. Really don't like to scope the shorter rifles, but I'm thinking I'm gonna have to, to get the best out of this load. Got a 4X Burris "Short Mag" that looks just like that, maybe slightly longer. I was wondering what it would look like. Figuring that it's for a short mags, it should be tough enough to take some banging around on a "truck" gun.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
When my .44 was scoped I sighted it to be 2'' high at 100yds. That made it about 3.5" low at 150yds. Therefore, on med to large game you can hold center of shoulder from 0 to about 170yds, which is about as far as I ever shot anything with it.
Sighted in this way, a back line hold on a deer size animal at 200yds should ensure a lethal strike.

This, of course is with full power 240gn hunting loads at almost 1800fps.

Mark.

Reactions: dpe.ahoy
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.