Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I adjusted my trigger on my XS7S. Turned the screw about 2-3 turns, until it felt good. Then went to where I shoot & checked the pull. About 3 lbs & felt pretty crisp. However, when I went to shoot the 1st time, it didn't fire. It dented the primer, but wouldn't fire. I turned the screw in 1/2 turn, which made the pull about 3 1/4 lbs, and it hasn't mis-fired since. I didn't think this would happen by just changing the adjusting screw. I didn't touch anything else. Any of you see this? How light have any of you got your triggers down to?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mine is at 2 1/2 lbs according to my Rapala electronic fish scale and it is a little too light for hunting I think. No mis-fires. BTW, my primer strikes are quite shallow.

·
Registered
137 Posts
were they reloads? I have seen where the primer is seated too deeply, and it did just as you described. Both XS7S that are in the family came with 3.5lbs trigger pulls

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
This does not sound reasonable to me. Adjusting the trigger shouldn't affect the firing pin strike. Something else seems remiss.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know, it doesn't make any sense, but that's what it did. I'm going to try backing off again & see if it happens again. The bullet w/ the dented primer fired after adjusting the trigger, as well as about a box of other re-loads.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
blzeye said:
I know, it doesn't make any sense, but that's what it did. I'm going to try backing off again & see if it happens again. The bullet w/ the dented primer fired after adjusting the trigger, as well as about a box of other re-loads.

It would've fired whether you adjusted the trigger or not. The two events are unrelated, pure coincidence.

Cheers,
Mark.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Check Your Trigger assy to make shire it is tight , If it ***** it could do this . Incressed pull would make you pull harder Hope this Helps DD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts