Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I hold my 1893 upside down and cock it slowly as soon as the lever clears the locking bolt the rifle jams .I'm thinking that the cam surface at the tip of the lever{that area that pushes the rifle bolt open]is worn and isn't pushing the bolt open soon enough this leaves the locking bolt way alligned just long enough after the lever is clear of the locking bolt for the locking bolt to drop back in and lock the rifle bolt up again,since the locking bolt has moved the lever cannot engage and close and since the rifle bolt is locked up the lever can't open either thus jamming the rifle.I can clear it by pulling the locking bolt down but it's not a fun operation and makes the gun unreliable,has anyone had this problem and how is it cured. The only way I can see fixing it involves heat and hammers or welding and I would like to avoid these routes because of it's age and the obvoius risk of a screw up leaving it worse off than it was.MY 336 lever doesn't fit right but it does work right with it.Brazing is also an option to add a littie metal to the old girl but I would like other opinions before I do anything.shootrj2003

1 - 1 of 1 Posts