Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a coordinated effort by the National Guard under General Jenson, the State Police and even the DNR Minneapolis did not undergo the chaos of the previous night. No looting and fires kept to a minimum. One of the responses was from the forestry and their use of forestry trucks set up to quell brush fires that worked for these. There was air support and I believe some was again from the forestry. They claim that this morning many of the law enforcement officers and national guardsmen got the thumbs up from man of the citizens. Calling it mission accomplished.

Few reporters got hit with rubber bullets, and are complaining about the freedom or the press violations but I feel that they were probably getting in the way and careless enough of their own safety to get in the line of fire for the best pictures. They have gained more information as to the make up of the rioters. The governor took a strong stand which also helped. Curfew at 2000 hours and it was enforced. They recovered stolen cars filled with rocks and other devices.

In this time of police criticism, I thought it appropriate to also mention how much they are depended on and that in this case they acted professionally and appropriately. One office does not constitute our police forces.

DEP

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
It's things like this which make one realize how thin the blue line really is. I have to wonder about these protests because with limited exceptions, ie. Dallas, most of the rioting has been occurring in Democratic states. Is that part of the problem? I know I'll be voting conservative and Republican come November.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Activity like this gives EVERYONE a bloody nose.
No doubt people of color have a valid complaint. No doubt that the actions of a very small group of officers put all other officers in a bad light. But rioting and burning and looting only takes away from the real issue here, and sours the public toward what the protesters are trying to say.
And therein lies the rub. The majority of the rioters and protesters have no message to put forth! Their only agenda is the destruction of society. And the sad thing is that not only are they too young to have seen the results of actions like this before, they are not taught any meaningful history in schools filled with and led by education majors that are bent on the disintegration of the American way of life.
And we are standing by and letting it happen....

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how slow politicians are to react to such situations. They never seem to learn from past events that the faster you act with over whelming forces the farther it gets out of control. I believe it shows that the local politicians are more concerned about how they are seen in their own liberal press than they are about protecting their citizens.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Activity like this gives EVERYONE a bloody nose.
No doubt people of color have a valid complaint. No doubt that the actions of a very small group of officers put all other officers in a bad light. But rioting and burning and looting only takes away from the real issue here, and sours the public toward what the protesters are trying to say.
And therein lies the rub. The majority of the rioters and protesters have no message to put forth! Their only agenda is the destruction of society. And the sad thing is that not only are they too young to have seen the results of actions like this before, they are not taught any meaningful history in schools filled with and led by education majors that are bent on the disintegration of the American way of life.
And we are standing by and letting it happen....
Bingo!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me how slow politicians are to react to such situations. They never seem to learn from past events that the faster you act with over whelming forces the farther it gets out of control. I believe it shows that the local politicians are more concerned about how they are seen in their own liberal press than they are about protecting their citizens.
:dito::dito::dito:
What he said!

I blame the media to a large extent because they vilify all law enforcement, focus on the rioters, which gives them undeserved notoriety and shift the blame from the rioters to anybody who doesn't agree with their stance.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
2 wrongs do not make a right. There are ways to protest legally and peacefully ? Not to use this as an excuse to riot and loot. maybe I should not comment from this side of the pond. We have a piece of legislation called the riot act ? once this has been read to rioters and they do not disperse its on their own heads. Let the first volley take their legs out you would only have to do this once, come down hard as soon as it starts and stamp it out. But this takes balls something that seams to be lacking in many politicians. Sorry if I have offended some folks but if what we see on TV each night is mob rule ? Gareth.

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
The so called PRESS are nothing but a bunch of Instigators that insight the people against the President, make FALSE CLAMS, and twist round what he said. That turn coat Joe Scarborough called the President a NAZI and said he was a murderer. That is NOT expressing 1st Amendment Rights, its way beyond stupid. After the election, it will be time to suspend CNN and MS-NBC's Licenses. The President probably won't get away with it now, but after the election is another matter. :musicus:

Mike T.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
2 wrongs do not make a right. There are ways to protest legally and peacefully ? Not to use this as an excuse to riot and loot. maybe I should not comment from this side of the pond. We have a piece of legislation called the riot act ? once this has been read to rioters and they do not disperse its on their own heads. Let the first volley take their legs out you would only have to do this once, come down hard as soon as it starts and stamp it out. But this takes balls something that seams to be lacking in many politicians. Sorry if I have offended some folks but if what we see on TV each night is mob rule ? Gareth.
You certainly haven't offended me my friend. I like external viewpoints such as yours. We have laws concerning riots at the local, state and federal level. Unfortunately there a lot of hoops to jump through and an unwillingness on the behalf of politicians to grow enough sack to have them enforced.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
Today we had two NASA astronauts travel to the International Space Station. Meanwhile we have animals rioting, looting and burning down some of our larger cities. FOX has had parade of anti Trump politicians, ex bureaucrats and heads of liberal organizations blaming Trump for the death of Floyd and riots. It makes me sick they allow these hacks to repeat what has already been exposed as false news months and years ago. Trump is designated ANTIFA as terror organization, it’s about time. The one thing that Lib mayors agree with is that out of state activists are inciting the violence. FBI should get off their butts and run these people down, they have been operating without fear for years.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's things like this which make one realize how thin the blue line really is. I have to wonder about these protests because with limited exceptions, ie. Dallas, most of the rioting has been occurring in Democratic states. Is that part of the problem? I know I'll be voting conservative and Republican come November.
Sadly, yes it seems we are getting another glimpse into what chaos can come in Democratic controlled areas, from an incident like this. Political Agendas, I believe, do certainly indicate what develops and how it is mitigated or not mitigated by local and state government. As the Constitution had focused on maintaining rights and liberties of the people, primarily via states and local governance, elected by those people, the responsibility still rests on local and state governance, to maintain order. People vote in a political ideology, and it doesn't work, then it is the responsibility of the people to change how they vote- right down to the local level. If a bunch of looters feel entitled to a new flat screen TV, because a man died at the hand of a rogue cop, then that is the image of the city, regardless of where those looters came from. It is responsibility of the residents there to change that image, if they disagree with it.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
well the "blue line"is what started it! I wish that thin blue line hero wouldn't have came to work that day! and I bet he feels the same way! but these monsters doing this need to be dealt with swiftly! what you are seeing now is retaliation for the 2016 election! there is more than mindless thugs behind this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think that law enforcement has a tough job I have family that are in law enforcement and I have a lot of respect for all law enforcement officers. But I also believe that many law enforcement officers do and have crossed the line. And if so should be held accountable for they're actions. I have no respect for officers who think they are above the law. And for those few officers who act like that, should find another line of work, because these officers are the one's that will injure or kill you. These are the few bad apples that make a whole department look bad. And I think, that is why many people have lost trust in law enforcement, nationwide. I don't support the destruction and the violence. But I do understand why communities act like they do. Sometimes words alone are not enough to make change. Sometimes it takes action to motivate that change. sad times.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Today we had two NASA astronauts travel to the International Space Station. Meanwhile we have animals rioting, looting and burning down some of our larger cities. FOX has had parade of anti Trump politicians, ex bureaucrats and heads of liberal organizations blaming Trump for the death of Floyd and riots. It makes me sick they allow these hacks to repeat what has already been exposed as false news months and years ago. Trump is designated ANTIFA as terror organization, it’s about time. The one thing that Lib mayors agree with is that out of state activists are inciting the violence. FBI should get off their butts and run these people down, they have been operating without fear for years.
If ANTIFA is a designated terrorist group, then they are designated enemies of the country. The FBI needs to track them down. The other side of this aspect of riot- fomenting though, is I believe that these groups would not be infiltrating these cities, if not for the foothold provided by the political environment of the city itself. Kinda like cancers invading a body, that is weakened or affected by something that has compromised its immune system

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
If ANTIFA is a designated terrorist group, then they are designated enemies of the country. The FBI needs to track them down. The other side of this aspect of riot- fomenting though, is I believe that these groups would not be infiltrating these cities, if not for the foothold provided by the political environment of the city itself. Kinda like cancers invading a body, that is weakened or affected by something that has compromised its immune system
Mr. Trump has declared antifa a terrorist group just either yesterday or this morning. Now it's time the Feeble Brained Idiots do their job and round up these terrorists. Maybe they should look into those groups funded by a certain Hungarian gentleman that furnished their financing. Time that anti-American got justice for the damage he has caused.
Paul B.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The looters are said to be professionals that will follow these protests. The slower reaction is done as first the city is responsible for trying to handle its issues and then they can request the governor for intervention. What amuses me is that comment about voting republican due to the democrats reactions. Governor Walz is a democrat and his response is now being criticized by the press, mostly because they did not have the time or the coordination with the press. They reporters were jumping in without coordinating with the police. Walz is going on record stating that buck stops with him. If you think the response was too tough blame him not the police and national guard involved. He told them to put and end to the looting and they did. Trump is now praising the MN response led by a democrat. Even AOC was praising Walz's response and condemning the looting and burning that was actually hurting the black community itself. There are some theories that some of the lawlessness was from white extremists. There are a lot of white's involved in the protest. The peaceful protests are respected, not the looting and burning.

I kind of like to think of it as similar to the response Minnesotans gave to a group of looters in the 1870's in Northfield. They were called the James Younger gang.

DEP

·
Registered
16 Posts
Now I know one person, who is giving credit to AOC for saying anything...AOC, like a blind squirrel, occasionally finds a nut. But the blind squirrel doesn't expect it to be televised. Optics, optics, feelings, words. But, actions were needed when it happened.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
If this can be traced back to Soros, a warrant should be issued for his arrest for inciting a riot. Since deaths have occurred the additional charges of murder are possible. If found guilty he should have to pay damages and if he has any money left a hefty fine. That should cripple his Leftist operations in the west.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There had to be some outside influence into this "manufactured unrest", or at least for intensifying it. There is some evidence to date that someone was paying for some violence. There were many protesters observed, who all were wearing plastic type wristbands, red and white and blue and white, like the kind gotten at amusement parks for scanning admission on rides. Would be an ingenious way to electronically pay someone for services rendered, and possibly monitor if they're rendering those services.. If anyone knows about these wristbands on protesters, it would be interesting to find out more about it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I live in the suburbs to the north of Minneapolis. However, there were break-ins and looting far afield of where the protests were down on Lake Street. Some as close as two miles from my house -- maybe closer, but I haven't heard.

Here's a couple of examples:

https://www.hometownsource.com/abc_newspapers/news/publicsafety/police-minimal-damage-at-northtown-mall-after-crowd-gathered-to-protest-may-28/article_27436088-a1ec-11ea-8c7b-27d19de7c5db.html
https://www.hometownsource.com/sun_post/free/update-civil-unrest-spills-into-brooklyn-center-brooklyn-park/article_1c6f7f52-a115-11ea-83c6-5f64de5b4470.html

I expect most of the "looters" are local criminals looking for an opportunity to get there hands of a free TV . . .

Larry

1 - 20 of 97 Posts