Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mini 336CB project is finally done. I ended up making my own forarm for the octagon barrel out of one of the old fat round barrel ones. I had to cut out the old barrel channel and filled it with wood from a old butt stock , then recut it to fit the oct. barrel. I built it on a standard 336 made in 1979. The barrel was a 22 inch octagon in 30-30 for a Zane Grey Century that I cut back to 16.5 inch. Next I want to build one to match in 38-55.

G

·
Looks nice Hyde, congrats :D

You should get another of those barrels and have it rebored to 38-55 . I believe reboring and rechambering can be done for about $150 :wink:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Looks great Hyde... Awesome even

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. It might be awhile before I start the next one, $ have been pretty tight since my heart attack. I do want to pick up another one of those barrels to get rebored. Nice clean barrels with no nasty safety warning stamped on it. I also have wanted to try a 32-40 ever since I saw a picture of the one DLH built.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
drice said:
Nice. Is it in 30-30 Winchester?
DID YOU BUMP YOUR HEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Winshitter????????????? :p

Thats a MARLIN :lol:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Gunjunkie said:
DID YOU BUMP YOUR HEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Winshitter????????????? :p

Thats a MARLIN :lol:
Oh-uh. Let me phrase it this way, "Is that fine Marlin chambered in thurty thurty or something different?"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts