Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As all of you know that own a Mini-14, chasing brass into the next county is part of the game unless you change out the gas port bushing which becomes a reliability issue or paying a arm and a leg for a adjustable gas block. My solution was to come up with a deflector that drops the brass at my feet regardless of ammo used when shooting at the bench. I made a brass catcher from netting but wind becomes a issue if any kind of breeze is blowing.

Gun Benchrest shooting Air gun Trigger Shooting sport

This is my Mini which is a short barrel tactical model manufactured in 2013.

Joystick Technology Gadget Electronic device

These clips are one inch flashlight clips sold by AllPredatorCalls and the fit perfectly on a one inch scope tube.

Machine Machine tool

Snapped in place on the scope with section of 10x7 inch leather attached to the clips the brass simply deflects and falls at my feet. Good thick/stiff leather is required to keep the op rod from hitting the leather.

Gun Airsoft Optical instrument Airsoft gun Trigger

For those that reload and find the brass is being dented, the culprit is the forward upper section of the op rod hitting the grass as it is ejected. Just a small piece of Velcro tape positioned as pointed by the arrow takes care of that problem. This does not affect operation of the riffle in any manner.

Just thought some might be interested............

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
MY OLDER MINI HAS A DIFFERENT BOLT THAN YOURS. MINE WILL PUT OUT IN FRONT OF ME AT ABOUT 2:00, six feet away

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.