Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Regarding the title: min vs max COAL - this is controlled by your individual rifle, not any manual. Your manual gives you a guide to stay in a safe zone. Your rifle will not function feeding from the magazine if the COAL is too short or too long. Your action will not close if the COAL is too long and made it through the feeding into the chamber. Even if it fits in the parameters of the manual, the rifle has the last say. Lots of folks use loads that I don't care for. Others might not care for my loads. All part of the "handloading" concept. Make it what you want it to be. Again, the manual will guide, but your rifle will dictate. You just need to learn to listen to it. I believe you are doing that per your comment about the loads you tried from others. Good luck, stay safe, and have fun! CDOC is spot on!!

Jeff

· Premium Member
6,325 Posts
I really like H335. The only thing I ever read was about using magnum primers in iffy situations. Tests like what CDOC performed do a lot to dispel "results of individual circumstance". I've often heard the ball and sphere powders had troubles in cold weather. I started using BallC2 in my 8x57 in Maine and brought the load to Wyoming, took it to Southern California, on up to North Idaho and back to Wyoming. Never a missed beat anywhere. I believe more "problems" are created by improper reloading techniques or improper focus on the project, ie too much interruption, than was ever created by "the weather". Just how I see it....

Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.