Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all of the Microgroove barreled Marlins marked " microgroove " on the barrel ?? What year did they start making the microgroove 30-30's ?? I have a microgroove model and would like to get a ballard rifled 30-30. I am just trying to determine which models or dates of manuafacture I need to be looking for. Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Thanks Abel,I needed that.

Muleman,
I have never seen a microgroove that was not so marked.except on "Store" brands.Sears,Western Auto ect.But we all know how Marlin likes to use up existing parts when retooling for a change.
I'd look for an "L" prefix or earlier and carry a bore light with me while shopping.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
The 1955 model 219 Zippers were the first Model 336's to utilize micro-groove barrels; all other '55 Model 336's had Ballard rifling. The complete change to Micro-groove took place in 1956; however, there are a few examples of '56 model 336 that are fitted with Ballard rifled barrels as those older barrels were used up.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Glad to hear you are so pleased Friend; why not send more money!!!
Seriously, I thought those were great holsters too; I don't know why Ruger doesn't offer them anymore, but I'd still hare them had I not sold my Ruger pistols. Best!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts