Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He lives in NC. He is a long time friend of my son in law. He is a North Carolina country guy that has worked on his skills and learned from other craftsmen to make knives. My son in law and daughter gave me one of his knives for Christmas and it is super nice. I think his prices are good and his knives even better.

·
Registered
21,088 Posts
Nice knives!

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
I have one I ordered after Golphin told us about his work. Very good quality!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
He lives in NC. He is a long time friend of my son in law. He is a North Carolina country guy that has worked on his skills and learned from other craftsmen to make knives. My son in law and daughter gave me one of his knives for Christmas and it is super nice. I think his prices are good and his knives even better.
Interesting and not surprising since JP is from NC. I'd be willing to bet they are related. I see JP quite often so I'll ask him about Michael Presnell when I see him. JP graduated from Guilford College w/ a degree in Physics. Worked with him for many years at KSC.
Nice looking knives. Very straight forward and no nonsense design. Reminds me of a Condor blade I have. I'll forward this to JP and see if he knows Michael.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Too bad the link goes to Facebook. I wouldn't use Facebook if they put a gun to my head. They should be called TWO-FACEDbook. When they started they told members that their data would be confidential. Sometime later it became Public that they were going to sell their members list to the highest bidder. They lied, and I won't give them anything anymore than I would buy a Remlin.

Mike T.

Reactions: Golphin and Tomray

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Facebook aside, I also own 2 of MP's blades. As I have said before, they do not display the fit and finish of say a nice Bark River. But the guy makes very nice workingman's knives at what I consider reasonable prices.

·
Super Moderator
13,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Too bad the link goes to Facebook. I wouldn't use Facebook if they put a gun to my head. They should be called TWO-FACEDbook. When they started they told members that their data would be confidential. Sometime later it became Public that they were going to sell their members list to the highest bidder. They lied, and I won't give them anything anymore than I would buy a Remlin.

Mike T.
Mike here is a link to his web sight.
Michael Presnell Custom Knives

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Thanks Gophin, I will check them out. It would be nice to see a quality knife with a leather sheath instead of the nylon crap I see on the Internet.

Edit: Wow, beautiful workmanship. If/when I get a job, I would certainly like to have a Full Tang Bowie Knife (probably shorter than what Mr. Bowie actually had).

Cheers!

Mike T.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.