Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have the article from Precision Shooting October 1998 issue "Maximizing Marlin's New Model - 1895"?

Reactions: BFPGW

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
Ya might get a better answer in the 45/70 forum..... I'll go ahead and move this thread over to help get a better answer.

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Btt

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Btt

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'll check my issues of that era and see if I dig anything up. Steve

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks steve

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Murphy's law, resides, rules here. My subscription stopped in the spring of 98. Got all excited seeing the sister publication Tactical Shooter of October 98. Then realized how futile that was. Have you contacted Mic McPherson? Leverguns has some articles of his, try that or contact Mic. Steve

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for looking Steve!

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I've read that before. Just looking on details on how to lengthen the action. Pretty sure I know I have to take material off the ejector and carrier stop and that would get it to 2.68" I think to get it to 2.715" I have to take material off the lever and possibly add material to the curved side of the ejector to spring out a little later when the bolt retracts. Anyone have any thoughts or experience.

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pm me and I can give you the low downs of what you need

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not quite. Read all those in the past. It is an article telling you how to lengthen the action.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts