Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 45-70 last year. Crusty in Deary had turned me on to one. He was so helpful in the purchase and I got to meet him and finally pick it up on my way through on my motorcycle trip yesterday.

What a great guy (thanks Darrell).

Met his wife and got to see some of his experimental cast boolits too.....WOW.

I am still so happy for the INTERNET.....and for sites like this. It's still amazes me how this tool can bring like minded ppl together and then to actually meet someone from Cyberspace is astounding.

I do the same on my archery site. I post things buy and sell and I have met some of the ppl I chat with........great ppl.....great interaction.

I hope I can come back Darrell next year with less agendas and more time to just enjoy...maybe we can plan a salmon fishing day or two or some trout fishing.

Again I am so happy I got a chance to visit you and put a face and voice to a name on a page......you made my day.....Jer

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Some of you guys are pretty nice folk even if you are Marlin owners.

Parting is such sweet sorrow! The Marlins gone gone gone -------------------- :(

Jer, That Marlin was so pretty, if I wasn't a #1 fan, we might have had to have a discussion about just where it belonged!

That Marlin was just real pretty. Stainless, and REALLY NICE WOOD! Receiver peep and a bright red - fire sight? up front. AWESOME rifle!!!!!!!!!!!!! :congrats:

Good visit!

Might be even better over a fresh gut pile or a couple of straining Steelhead/Salmon rods. And we didn't even get into that pot of fresh coffee.

Boy did I set up a take notice hearing about those BIG salmon on a fly rod. WOW!!!!!!! Just once I'd like to hook into a 20+ lb fish!

I see ya made it to the Columbia River!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts