Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is off topic. (but who cares?) I just wanted to wish all you guys a Merry Christmas, and hope you enjoy it with family! My youngest daughter is coming home, so we'll all be together this year! Best present I could get!
Have a great holiday guys!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Thank you, and the same to you folks!! :D My bro & sis were here with Dad & just left. Our immediate family will open gifts this evening & then it's back to work sometime before sunup. The coal must go through!! :? SW

·
Registered
719 Posts
yeah!

:D well, i think i got all my patient's home for the holidays with all the meds they will need! so, i have the weekend off!...here's to everyone! happy happy happy holidays...lets all remain safe!
i took out all my rifles, and cleaned and oiled them down, thinking of the someone' else that had done the same for these old gals....and some for more than a century.....i find it a privilage to continue the care of them.....and may the next person that cares for them, give a moment of thought at this time of the year, for my sake, and all those before me! :p
happy holidays to my close friends here, and all that have just come here, to be "around the stove" with us !

·
Registered
394 Posts
Happy Holidays MM93, 'Hogger, and Kaintuck! No Marlins under the tree for me, though! My 10 year old daughter got the RC truck she was eyeing up at the local Walmart. Gotta love that! If I can keep her mind on trucks, soon she will be interested in shooting. I taught my oldest girl to shoot with her Great Grandad's Quackenbush 22.
MM93, are you familiar with the Varner Favorite? They, and Dayton Traister, are HQ'd on Whidbey Island (Monkey Hill Road if I remember correctly).

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Roundsworth! Yes, I
m familiar with the Varner Favorite. Definitely not a low end gun, like it's predecessor! The Varners go almost $400 for their version, and it's a well made, good looking little gun. Not sure how many they sell at the $399 price tag for a casehardened frame version in .22LR!
Varner is out of Oak Harbor, Wa.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to u all.............My son got a 20 GA. NEF for Christmas. I want one too!!!!!!!

u all have a safe holiday.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL!!!

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
We had a great Christmas here in Wa State and even had a white one with snow falling on Christmas morning.

The kids age 12, 9, and 2 REALLY enjoyed it but so did dad. My wife, bless her heart surprised me by buying that S&W 1917 .45ACP for me. She and the gunstore guy were in cahoots! I had gone back up there possibly to buy it and the owner of the store says, " you snooze, you lose" one of the revolvers is gone and the other one is spoken for. Little did I know that it was my wife who had snatched that pistol from under my nose! What a sweetheart! Been married for 15 years and this is the first firearm that she ever bought for me so I was pretty touched!

You all have safe holidays!

Geoff

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's great Geoff! Makes it even better to think you lost out, and find it under the tree! Sounds like you better keep that gal!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts