Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ed Grant of Merit Corporation contacted me a while back and suggested that MERIT ( VIA for AR-15/A2 ) build a special model of their #4 Hunting Adjustable Disc Aperture to fit the SKINNER SIGHTS.

Merit has been in Business for 80 years and is well known in the shooting / target shooting world. I sent Ed a sight for his Marlin Levergun for testing purposes and he shipped me the first Merit adjustable "IRIS" apertures for our sights.

We have them in stock and ready to ship.

Please visit our site at Apertures for more details.

Thanks Ed!

ANDY

Attachments

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
That is sweet!:tee:

Reactions: cthulhufan

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I have one of those merit adjustable peeps on my 375 winchester and I really like it. Ed Grant was very helpful over the phone while discussing my purchase. Combined with the skinner it should make for a really nice setup.

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
11,353 Posts
I am a HUGE fan of the Merit adjustable iris aperture. Smart move Parson. I'm glad youi were able to work with them. Like marriage, collaborative working between companies often result in a sum greater than their separate parts. AC

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We had built an adaptor to use the Merit #4 but it makes much more sense to have it all one unit.

Sales have been brisk! Our first shipment sold in a week and we are working on the next. I think they make a great companion to a good assortment of standard "fixed" apertures. Good to have both!

Thanks guys.

Andy

Reactions: Sparky civil

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this thread is years old, but I'm hoping someone out there is still in the loop. Does anyone know where I might be able to get a Merit #4 hunting IRIS disc for my Marlin? Or know whether or not Ed Grant is making them? I've emailed through his website, but I fear they're not available anymore.
Does anyone here have any advice on where i might be able to find one?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ebay or Gunbroker .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts