Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends and fellow patriots, good evening on this most glorious Memorial Day weekend.

Many of us in the MO family are sons, daughters, wives, and husbands of our nation’s military, I think it especially important for us to remember why we celebrate this holiday. Our nation’s heroes are ordinary people with hearts of steel. Their courage, determination, and will power make them rise as sentinels of peace and liberty. On this Memorial Day, we salute those brave-hearts who lay down their life defending our nation.

It could have been your neighbor's son, or daughter. When a mother loses a child in battle, she never forgets her loss. Will the mother's eyes glow with pride when she looks at a nation doing well, thanks to her martyred son? Let the bereaved mother not regret her son's sacrifice. We can make Memorial Day special by spreading the message of love and peace.

So choose your mode of expression. Some like to host Memorial Day weekend parties to celebrate life. Others attend Memorial Day service and parades to express their solidarity. Still others prefer to be vocal on social media platforms, that give them the maximum reach. With a greater awareness and a unified ideology, you can bring about a social awakening that can shake governments and create a stir in powerful circles. I encourage you to do whatever it is you can, however, you can to express your gratitude to the men and women who lost their lives and are putting their lives on the line for our freedom and liberty. A simple thank you is more than sufficient. More is always welcome.

“Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.” John F. Kennedy

Truer words have never been spoken,

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Friends and fellow patriots, good evening on this most glorious Memorial Day weekend.

Many of us in the MO family are sons, daughters, wives, and husbands of our nation’s military, I think it especially important for us to remember why we celebrate this holiday. Our nation’s heroes are ordinary people with hearts of steel. Their courage, determination, and will power make them rise as sentinels of peace and liberty. On this Memorial Day, we salute those brave-hearts who lay down their life defending our nation.

It could have been your neighbor's son, or daughter. When a mother loses a child in battle, she never forgets her loss. Will the mother's eyes glow with pride when she looks at a nation doing well, thanks to her martyred son? Let the bereaved mother not regret her son's sacrifice. We can make Memorial Day special by spreading the message of love and peace.

So choose your mode of expression. Some like to host Memorial Day weekend parties to celebrate life. Others attend Memorial Day service and parades to express their solidarity. Still others prefer to be vocal on social media platforms, that give them the maximum reach. With a greater awareness and a unified ideology, you can bring about a social awakening that can shake governments and create a stir in powerful circles. I encourage you to do whatever it is you can, however, you can to express your gratitude to the men and women who lost their lives and are putting their lives on the line for our freedom and liberty. A simple thank you is more than sufficient. More is always welcome.

“Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.” John F. Kennedy

Truer words have never been spoken,
Amen brother and my family and myself would like to say thank you to all military past,present and future we can not say thank you enough for your service to this great country!!!

Reactions: farmboy

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Well stated "mjmorrismd"!:congrats:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I think of my Dad on Memorial Day. He served in the Army during WWII. Never talked about it very much, but as I got older he shared some of his experiences with me. He survived the Battle of The Bulge, which was a brutal battle. Once while I was a young man in the boy scouts I asked him if he wanted to go camping. He looked at me and said: "Mark, you need to understand something. I camped out for three years. I'm not really interested in camping out anymore." He never owned or fired a firearm that I can recall.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
God Bless our fallen Heroes, do not forget them, God Bless all our Military that keeps our country safe, 110th Heavy Artillery.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Mjmorrismd, thank you for the reminder. I think the statement, ''Freedom is not Free,'' is very true and especially these days. Remember our Military people every day. Take care, John.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
And long, long time ago, when I was in my high school band, I got to see what Memorial Day was really all about. I would get up early and go to the local VFW hall. They would take me around with them to various cemeteries where they would hold ceremonies for the veterans buried there. I would play Taps, and then they would fire a salute. Later in the morning, our band would march in a couple of parades. Someone from our town would recite "In Flander's Field," the poem about fallen soldiers in WWI.

During the years from 1918 until we pulled out of Vietnam in 1973, America lost around 600,000 in four wars. Most people then probably either had lost a family member in one of those wars, or knew someone who had. Forty years later, in 2014, it's likely that most Americans have no firsthand experience with losing loved ones in battle. I suspect that's a big reason why Memorial Day weekend is a good time to go shopping and to barbecue.

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
Pulled my time, as did my brother and several cousins.

Me and lil bro served in 65-69 era bro Alaska, me Korea.

Cousins drew the short straw for Nam, all came back in one piece and seem adjusted well after the tour.

Got family and friends that I thank for serving as well.

To all who serve or have served, thank you very much, but we sure drew a short straw with this maggot in the white house.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Rest in peace brothers, you did your duty, I hope to God we who survived will do ours. There is time yet. Vote the bums out a d demand that those that remain repect and defend the Constitution.

Rod, FAC L-19, 5th Special Forces, lll Corps, RVN, 1970-1973

1 - 10 of 10 Posts