Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,222 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen just the medallion for sale... Also the Centennial rifles only had one medallion on the right side of the stock...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,
exact, the second medallion would be to decorate the case.
It seems that the anniversary year, Marlin would have sold medallions alone.

·
Registered
9,436 Posts
Welcome JcL. I agree that eBay would be your best bet.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
The reason why informed collectors don't pay a premium for the Centennial-medallioned 336's is that Marlin did sell the medallions separately for anyone who wanted to decorate his rifle; thus, there is no guarantee that a rifle with the medallion is a genuine Centennial. I have seen the medallion package sold fairly often on e-Bay.

Reactions: gunscrewguy

·
Registered
468 Posts
The reason why informed collectors don't pay a premium for the Centennial-medallioned 336's is that Marlin did sell the medallions separately for anyone who wanted to decorate his rifle; thus, there is no guarantee that a rifle with the medallion is a genuine Centennial. I have seen the medallion package sold fairly often on e-Bay.

I respectfully disagree. You can tell by the serial number.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are quite right

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hello,
I found a medallion, but the seller does not sell and does not ship to France ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133414863132

I wanted to offer him $25 + shipping, but the seller refuses contact ...
Not cool guy ...

It's not easy for a frenchy!
If anyone has a solution, I'm interested ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think i have a couple lying around (If i can find the little plastic baggy with misc marlin stuff in it...), may take me a few days to dig them out.....
(man i hope it didn't get tossed)

Pm me your address and i will ship one out. Keep yer cash in your pocket..
Thank you ! That would be great !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts