Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have been looking and continue to look for good 336 .03-30. I thought I found one in Ohio but that deal fell thru. I happened upon a new site, new to me that is, and found what I was looking for. I called my FFL went back to the web site and found this in the need help with this purchase,
PLEASE BE AWARE: We do not ship guns to the following states: Massachsetts, New York, New Jersey, Colorado and Connecticut. Also, the cities of Chicago and Washington DC are not shippable for us. :( :( :(

If interested in the several Marlins I found, try Williams Gunsight Company.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yes, you should move away from NY. Good luck on your search, I hope you find a nice 30-30 somewhere near you where you won't have to go through all this trouble.

·
Super Moderator
12,613 Posts
What site is that? They do not ship to Colorado? That makes no sense. Yes, check pawn shops and LGS, bound to find one somewhere.
Probably still in effect since they have not retracted their draconian gun laws.
Just because the politicians are toast doesn't mean anything until their obama-mations are recalled too.

Reactions: dpe.ahoy

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
Try a different FFL many may do that just to protest the asinine gun laws and anti nuts in them states.

Me I figure you should have adopted the guy in Ohio as a step brother. ;)

Time for you and a friend to take a road trip and stop at every little small gun and pawn shop in a 300 mile radius. I have a neighbor North of me that we take a road trip once a year, last year I collected several needs and wants.

To your post. MAYBE for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
No idea what part of NY you're in but I'm sure if you keep looking you'll find what you're looking for. Start hitting the local gun shows, there's always a couple guys at the local shows here with a few of them. Keep at it, you'll find the right gun eventually.

Stu

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Syracuse at the fair grounds is April 12 and 13, will take this in. I have a few older hunting friends who are getting out of it. I am hoping they or they know who might be interested in selling

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If you move then your surrendering which is what the liberals want, stay stand and fight the idiots one by one, the front line of battle can be moved if people stick together & are peaceably vocal, it doesn't take wads of money to change things either, simple letters to the editor, newspaper articles, voter rallies, etc. etc. ..........history is a great teacher, as a white male Southerner who lived thru the civil rights protest era I have to give him credit (as a foe), that tactic worked for MLK and people/leaders paid attention.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I had an online dealer tell me he wouldn't ship to virginia. Seemed odd, because it's a very gun friendly state....he told me he was worried about the newly elected governor who had not even taken office yet. Seemed pretty goofy to me. Can't imagine what it's like in a state where the laws truly are an impediment. Sure glad I don't live in Syracuse anymore.

·
Super Moderator
13,977 Posts
I feel for you guys. The manager where my wife works and her husband are from NY. She wanted to move back to be closer to her family and her husband became very upset about it and a lot of the reason is his guns and he has a concealed carry permit here in Florida and of course that will not happen in NY. Even worse as they are not from a rural area either as they are not far from NY City. It seems that the rights and freedoms we have at this time here in Florida are much greater than than what the commies have been able to strap on the people of NY.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Not sure of your budget but down here in VA on my street alone depending on the part you maybe able to but one of the 30 plus houses for sale. There is more houses forsale out here than I have ever seen anywhere in my life. The bad is pay sucks about 10 and hour. But yes once CO decided to pass that las on mag restrictions many sites now refuse to do business with CO.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Sure wish I could move from NY.... If you look on gunbroker.com lots of ads say they won't ship to NY even though the gun being auctioned is still legal here. People think we are all bad....

·
Super Moderator
12,613 Posts
I had an online dealer tell me he wouldn't ship to virginia. Seemed odd, because it's a very gun friendly state....he told me he was worried about the newly elected governor who had not even taken office yet. Seemed pretty goofy to me. Can't imagine what it's like in a state where the laws truly are an impediment. Sure glad I don't live in Syracuse anymore.
I'm uncertain why a licensed FFL would care about some vague potentiality. Seems like he just didn't want to fool with it for some perverse reason.

Reactions: 336 Fan

·
Registered
335 Posts
Look around. NY is a state with a great hunting tradition once you get away from the "city". I bought a great 51 waffle top from a guy in NY State. (Gunbroker)

Reactions: momentum

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Maybe you should, lol. However, with a little patience and some research you should be able to find what you want; either locally or elsewhere. Not sure where you are located, but when I lived upstate (though long ago), many friends I knew used lever guns, and most of them Marlins. In fact, I bought my first 336 in 30-30 in upstate NY myself, and still have it. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have been looking and continue to look for good 336 .03-30. I thought I found one in Ohio but that deal fell thru. I happened upon a new site, new to me that is, and found what I was looking for. I called my FFL went back to the web site and found this in the need help with this purchase,
PLEASE BE AWARE: We do not ship guns to the following states: Massachsetts, New York, New Jersey, Colorado and Connecticut. Also, the cities of Chicago and Washington DC are not shippable for us. :( :( :(

If interested in the several Marlins I found, try Williams Gunsight Companay.

Mr k,
I would not give up quite so easily...I have had nothing but good experiences with Williams in the past. You might try giving them a call and talking it over. Might not do any good, but worth a try if they have something you really want!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.