Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marlins on "Swamp People"

I hope I am never on an American television show and need subtitles, for my English, but I notice everyone seems to carry Marlins. They are all 25Ns and 60s. I did see two 10/.22s, one in stainless and the other blued.

Some of those guns are *RUSTY*, on the outside. I guess accuracy is not an issue, for muzzle-against-the-target shots.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Re: Marlins on "Swamp People"

As an avid Swamp People fanatic, I noticed that too. Every time I see a rusty gun I cringe. I think if I did my hunting in the bayous, I'd only own stainless rifles.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts

Just a tool for the job at hand, in the environment you are in! But IMO says a lot that they rely on Marlins in that enviro. Salt water eats everything up!

·
Registered
72 Posts

Looks like an 882SS that RJ and J Paul use. ??

·
Registered
20,301 Posts

+1 on the savage! Got the same model. Also seen where they have shown two different guns shootin the same gator...guess the editor did'nt know (or figure no one would know) the difference. Love the show, especially Glen and Mitchell! LOL those two are a hoot!

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts

marlinluvr said:
+1 on the savage! Got the same model. Also seen where they have shown two different guns shootin the same gator...guess the editor did'nt know (or figure no one would know) the difference. Love the show, especially Glen and Mitchell! LOL those two are a hoot!
I saw aiming at a gator with one gun and moments later shooting it with another. The editors really don't know their weapons.

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts

Hipshot said:
Wish that one guy (forget his name) would buy a new shirt !!!

Hip
That's Troy, and he wears the same shirt every day because he considers it his lucky shirt. I guess Cajuns is some superstitious, y'all.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts

JetBlack said:
I hope I am never on an American television show and need subtitles, for my English, but I notice everyone seems to carry Marlins. They are all 25Ns and 60s. I did see two 10/.22s, one in stainless and the other blued.

Some of those guns are *RUSTY*, on the outside. I guess accuracy is not an issue, for muzzle-against-the-target shots.
Dat's dem Cajun's for ya can't nobody undersand dem dat's why dey need subtitles!! ;D :eek:

·
Super Moderator
13,335 Posts

I've noticed that as well...

Sometimes it just makes me cringe when they start talking about guns though... especially that one dude missing the two front teeth; he was talking about how a 22 pistol with a short barrel "builds up all that compression at once" and is more powerful. I think I was shaking my head the whole time; other than that it's a great show.

I shouldn't be making fun of them though. A lot of my family is cajun, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of those people are my kin considering a lot of my family comes from there.

·
Registered
161 Posts

The 2 Brothers with missing teeth and long white hair that are hard to under stand could have doubled in the movie " Deliverance " in which Bert Renolds starred.

·
Registered
22 Posts

I saw the show where the automatic rifle suddenly develops a lever on the bottom. LOL. Just shows how the city folk editors don't know firearms.

·
Registered
711 Posts

Those guys beat their rifles, I saw an episode with the rifle muzzle down in the bottom of the boat. It had to be sitting in water.
Neat show, a lot more down to earth than most of the junk on TV.

·
Registered
84 Posts

I have seen the 60 and several others on this show. 8)

·
Registered
419 Posts

I think Bruce(the guy with the cut-off overalls) has a Remington 572.

·
Registered
72 Posts

David Grubb said:
On one of yesterdays shows the narrator said Jay Paul was using a Savage in .17 HMR.
Saw that show today. Thanks for the correction.

·
Registered
765 Posts

gonzo said:
I saw aiming at a gator with one gun and moments later shooting it with another. The editors really don't know their weapons.
That drives me nuts! Another thing is the camera shots from the gator's perspective. For sure there's nobody using a camera down there with the gator! Now there's no doubt that actual alligator hunting is going on, so just film the hunt for crying out loud instead of making a movie. But I have the same complaint about many of the shows on Outdoor Channel.

·
Registered
671 Posts

I live down here and let me tell you, I am still shocked to see the misuse in guns that goes on. It seems the average hunter down here just doesn't understand the importance of cleaning and oiling you're rifle. Hell, I know a guy that spent 5K and had a custom 7mm Mag built and has never cleaned it since. He hunts with it all the time and I think it's around 10 years old. ???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts