Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya Guys!

I'm new here, as this is my first post. Like most of you, I'm an avid .358 fan (currrently shooting a 673 in .350 and a Rem 141 in .35), I like Marlins, and I think a straight stock is mandatory on a lever gun. I've taken great interest in the rumors regarding a .35 "guide gun" in SS... Truth be told, I'd much rather have blue than stainless...

I've worked through the archives and found a number of threads. Some say these 35 guideguns are due this Sept. Other threads say they are currently available in blue. Yet other say there isn't a guidegun, and we are just being 'tested' by marlin.

What gives?

For what it's worth, I'm dying for a medium bore, blued 336, straighstocked rifle, maybe 18" barrel and 2/3 magazine. .35 rem would do in a pinch, and so would .356 and .375...

On another note, I sometimes do not understand the rifle manufacturers... It seems like they often miss opportunities. How many .356's have you seen sell for $500 + on the internet? I would think that small limited number runs could and would sell well at a reasonable premium. We are not talking about huge development costs (they've made them in the past...), and are not likely talking about huge retooling costs.. (no 'new' receivers required, mostly just a matter of assembling the right parts togther...)

·
Registered
422 Posts
There was a very limited run of 336 Guide Gun style rifles a couple years ago. They were blue, I think 18 1/2 inch barrel, ported, with walnut stocks. They are scarce and quickly bought up. Search the board and you'll see posts about them. They command a premium price when seen and usually don't stay for sale all that long before someone grabs them up. I saw one at a gunshow a while back and am still kicking myself for not buying it.

The 336 stainless is yet to be seen, rumour on this board from poster TOMRAY is that they will be released later this year.

Good shooting.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wouldn't consider it rumor, as Tomray is a Marlin employee. Best I can tell, originally production was scheduled to start in June but I believe that has now been pushed to Sept.

Hope the gun does see production soon as I just recently got a great deal on several boxes of Rem factory loads at a gun show. And make mine stainless, thank you

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Whether it's rumor or not I have a standing order with Davidson's, the reported clearing house for this rifle, to reserve one for me as soon as it is recieved. I am confident in Tomray's report that they will be available. If not I feel that it will be because the deal was otherwise nixed, not because Tomray started a "rumor".

Frozeny (gotta love that name),

I like those old straight grips too. I'm always on the lookout for especially in .35 rem. I have one of 57 ventage (RC), straight gripped and dang good looking.

SS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts