Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really feeling broke this morning after my tax lady called and told me I owed another $2200. to the IRS. I decided to ride into Ocala just to waste some time after the rain past. On the last stop before I headed home I stopped at small Pawn shop I usually skip. Well he had a nice 39 that was priced over $500. and I saw two others against the wall thanks to the Bullseye. He said yea they are a couple of 30-30's and handed me one of them. I looked it over and then looked at it again real hard. It was a 1950 .35 SC undrilled waffle top with a Redfield sight on it. Looked to be in good condition for the age and original as I don't think anyone refinished anything on it. I flipped the tag over and the guy was watching me as I mumbled something and my eyes got kind of big. It was marked at $300.00. I handed it to him and told him I was just dead broke and did not need to be buying another rifle. So I left.

Well I got down 441 and stopped for gas (Us Dodge truck owners do that often) and got to thinking about that gun. That is a better price than I ever see on a gun like that around here and very fair in my opinion. We never get .35 rem here and I don't own one and it would be a shame if someone bought it a drilled it for a scope. So I went back and bought it with a credit card for $322. out the door after tax. No way he was coming down after seeing my face when I first looked at the price and then driving back there. I am broke but what the hell you only live once and now I own a .35. Now I need to stay the hell out of gun shops and pawn shops as I really am broke. :)

Here are pictures. I have not even wiped it down as I just got home about an hour ago. And I know nothing about that sight or even if it works or is any good so mabey someone can tell me a little about it.

Gun Firearm Rifle Shotgun Trigger
Gun Rifle Firearm Shotgun Trigger
Rim
Wood
Helmet

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Congrats, and good move! I'd have done the same at that price, she looks real nice too... :congrats:

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Way to go Golphin, them Dodge trucks get you every time. Need to work on your poker face a little it seems. Nice find.

Reactions: Sharkey and Golphin

·
Super Moderator
5,143 Posts
That setup is worth twice what you paid for it in these parts.
Heck ,sell it here and make a profit!:biggrin:

Reactions: Golphin

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
Refinance the house put all the guns on the refinance and you can claim the interest next year. ;)

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Why didn't you buy the other one too!! I never have luck in Ocala much less Pawn Shops. Tomorrow is Flea day for me, its been slim pickins lately.

·
Registered
656 Posts
What a nice Marlin at a steal of a price!:congrats:

·
Super Moderator
13,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why didn't you buy the other one too!! I never have luck in Ocala much less Pawn Shops. Tomorrow is Flea day for me, its been slim pickins lately.
I left the other one for you. I don't think I even looked at it after he handed this to me lol. It was at Marks Jewelry and Pawn at 729 NW 10th Street. It is just a block west of 441 on highway 27 on the left.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
That is a beauty.... I know all about the stops for gas us Jeep owners know all to well about the gas stops!!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Congrats! I have the same gun and it's my best shooter! Wish when I bought mine it came with a nice sight like that, been looking for a vintage piece to fit on mine for a long time.

·
Premium Member
16,818 Posts
great score, congrats

that Redfield sight is also a prize (icing on the cake)

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
LOL!:congrats: you lucky stiff! that redfield sight is worth 1/3 what you paid for just the rifle
Now Fran, How we gonna get a good deal if you go throwin that out right off the bat :vollkommenauf: :hmmmm: ..........:biggrin: LOL

Nice score Golphin, BUT still that sights just junk, send it to here to NY and I'll "Dispose" of it proper fer'ya! :biggrin:

Blood

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.