Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
marlin M199 005.JPG Well someone brought up a 99M1 being for sale yesterday and it made me think about one I had made a couple of offers on but was turned down. I looked on Armslist and it was still there and local so I ask him by email what the bottom price was. He would only come down $25.00 to $225.00 but being weak with Marlinitus I bit on it even knowing I was paying top dollar. That said the rifle has been completely redone with the stocked finished with BLO the barrel reblued and the receiver duracoated black. The feed throat was upgraded to a newer one. That's the story anyway and it does look like new to me. :biggrin: m1 1.jpg m1 2.jpg m1 3.jpg

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
And why not, the look is so right. Looks good, like M1 carbinish looking style. Still has the original rear sight, nice.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I looked at that one a couple of times I believe. Is that the one where he bought 2 from a gunsmith and kept one? That is Sweet! I just finished one myself, and purchased the one listed on rimfire central. Does the madness ever end??

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
congrats, great little guns

aaaaa- MARLIN M-99 M1.JPG

·
Premium Member
12,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at that one a couple of times I believe. Is that the one where he bought 2 from a gunsmith and kept one? That is Sweet! I just finished one myself, and purchased the one listed on rimfire central. Does the madness ever end??
It sure is Klewless. He also has a Ted Williams (Winch.) 30-30 listed and a Glenfield 60 for sale. He is a nice enough guy but not giving on the price much and apparently willing to wait until he got what he wanted. The first time I made him a offer maybe a month ago he would not budge, this last time he came down a little and I was in the mood to pay up.

·
Premium Member
15,448 Posts
having the rear sight drives the price up and makes it worth the 225.00

I think you made a reasonable deal, that's about what I paid for mine a couple of years ago and I searched / bid on several before picking up on that still had the rear sight, as I have always said, a Marlin will continue to increase in value, in a few years when you tell someone you paid 225.00, they will not believe that's all you paid.

I paid a whopping 105.00 for my 336C in 1975 at Gibsons Discount center in Dallas and $135.00 for my brand new marlin 1894 .44 magnum in 1979, as I was very young, those were some hard dollars to fork over back then (believe it or not, I saved the money for them by putting my change in a bucket everyday to pay for them and still do that today, it puts adds an average of 3 guns a year to safe)

·
Registered
428 Posts
It sure is Klewless. He also has a Ted Williams (Winch.) 30-30 listed and a Glenfield 60 for sale. He is a nice enough guy but not giving on the price much and apparently willing to wait until he got what he wanted. The first time I made him a offer maybe a month ago he would not budge, this last time he came down a little and I was in the mood to pay up.
Don't blame you a bit. I do like the looks of that coated barrel, and that stock is just beautiful. Something about a grainy walnut stock with that white bullseye gets me everytime.

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Nice 99M1 Golphin! You did good, looks awesome. I have a NOS Rear sight I picked up for $50 but, because I can't see well enough to use it, I have left it off. I need to pick one of these to shoot, and one to display correctly I guess.

99M1 SQUIRREL 001.JPG Rimfires 003.JPG

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have never seen a 99m1 in person, looks like a m1 30 carbine. What is the difference in the 99m1 and the model 60?

Reactions: buckweet

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
Not a whole lot.Basically the same action, shorter barrel,shorter mag capacity,and obviously modified stock.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Nice rifle, happy shootin'.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have never seen a 99m1 in person, looks like a m1 30 carbine. What is the difference in the 99m1 and the model 60?
Looks like a M1 30 Carbine? It's supposed to!!! Marlin wanted to sell rifles to all the boys returning from WW II and what were they familiar with? The M1 of course. :biggrin:

My wife's son inherited 4 rifles from his Dad who died at far too early an age. He kept them all in a round canvas sack, the kind you put a folding beach chair into. The banged around together over the years (they were friends in the same bad situation). He showed them to me one day and I asked if I could restore them. Here is one (sans rear sight), a 99M1:
IMG_8942.JPG IMG_8948.JPG

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nice pick-up !
I think the price you paid for the condition of the rifle was just fine :tee:

Enjoy & feed it well !

Al

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
As much as I love my "Lever Marlins" I really enjoy my 99M1 too! These little rifles are a blast to carry in the woods squirrel huntin! Happy shootin all!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Ok that's it!...All this talk about 99M1'S and pictures to boot, I'm headin out right now to shoot mine some! IT'S PLINKIN TIME!!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
FMDan I shot my new to me one for the first time last night. I own a hand full of 22 rifles including a Golden Boy and a Marlin 99. The M1 is so light and having the rear sight, it was a blast to shoot. It may have moved to my favorite even over the lever action of the Henry. I have been eyeing a 39 though and I sure don't need another 22 rifle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts