Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain to me how this happened.........A few months ago I didn'y own a Marlin lever action rifle. Back in 1975, my first brand new rifle was a Marlin 336 in 30-30. My girlfriend bought it for me as a birthday gift (I married her!)

Now look what happened!

I bought a 1894CB in 45LC a few months back. But I'm a small caliber guy and I love the 32H&R Magnum. I have half a dozen pistols chambered for it. So a 1894CB in 32H&R Magnum joined the family. And as we all know, if you own Marlins you MUST have a Model 39..........Enter a 1982 Mountie!
And last night a buddy of mine needing a few $$ asked if I wanted a 1895G in 45-70...........Like I said, I'm a small caliber kind of guy......it fit right in.....

I sold the 336 to a friend of mine. I'm trying to buy it back............:D

And I'm looking for a 45-70 with an octagonal barrel and a 1897 Texan....and a.................

·
Registered
671 Posts
You're gonna like that 1895G. It very well might be you're most accurate Marlin

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would have to be a "one holer" to beat that 45LC.............That 1894CB in 45LC, with a scope, will keep them all under an inch at 100yds. I'm using cut down 454 Casull brass with a very stiff load of H-110 under a Cast Performance 265 Hard Cast lead bullet. Simply amazing accuracy!

·
Registered
671 Posts
rbertalotto said:
It would have to be a "one holer" to beat that 45LC.............That 1894CB in 45LC, with a scope, will keep them all under an inch at 100yds. I'm using cut down 454 Casull brass with a very stiff load of H-110 under a Cast Performance 265 Hard Cast lead bullet. Simply amazing accuracy!
The 1895G can do that with factory ammo no problem.... both of mine can :)

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
I can explain how it happened. If you put two Marlins in the same cage an occurence takes place. It is a rare strain of rabbititis, and you know what happens when two rabbitis are near each other.
The offshoot from this is it inflicks the Marlin owners with a severe case of Marlinitis, thus increasing the breed. The disease is INFECTIOUS causing multiple spasms of purchases increasing the quantity of Marlins on your wall or gun cabinet. I hope I have cleared up this misaligned fact for you.

·
Super Moderator
15,824 Posts
9 1/2 years ago 1 Marlin 336W 30-30 to my name, 3 1/2 years ago I joined MarlinOwners ( known place to catch the dreaded Marlinitis disease ;D) I caught it bad...today 15 Marlins later and a couple of outsiders for a total of 18 rifles and dang, don't cha know I'm still on the lookout for my next Marlin! No cure, resistance is futile...must buy another Marlin soon. Mr fixit

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
15 months ago when I joined MO I didn't have any Marlins. Now I'm up to six. I do believe that I will be waiting until next year to add to the herd however if the right deal comes along, who knows?

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
LOL, which of those 6 Marlins were the wrong deal? ;D ;D They say denial is one of the signs of Marlinitis, of course, I don't have it. ::) DP To the OP, very nice collection, and yah, you got it. DP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts