Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made the rounds today hitting a few gun shops and one show looking for old Marlins and struck out until the last stop. Saw a Marlin sitting on the used rack and checked it out, an '07 JM stamped 1895 with the 22" barrel. Thought about it briefly and ended up taking it home, cost me $472 OTD. The stock has some really nice figure to it and the rest of the gun is flawless. There was a cheap Weaver scope rail attached so I'll have to get some new plugs for the screw holes on top but that's no big deal. I took the gun apart and cleaned it because the action was a little rough and noticed the lever had some really rough machining in the working areas so I polished it up a bit(was afraid to remove all the marks since some were kinda deep)and now the action is a lot smoother. The stock is a little bit darker than the forearm, but the picture makes it look a lot worse than it really is.
IMG_0745.JPG IMG_0746.JPG

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Thats a beauty! Looks alot like the wood on my 35.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
:congrats::biggrin:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
very nice and a great deal
I also have a thing for nice Walnut

·
Premium Member
16,813 Posts
Hey Gunner,

Fine looking 1895!

Great score!

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
I'd call that a good deal any day of the week. Like yours, my 1895SS has some very nice wood on it, and handles like a dream. I recently added a CB version to the family, thinking I'd sell off the shorter gun. Now I'm not so sure!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd call that a good deal any day of the week. Like yours, my 1895SS has some very nice wood on it, and handles like a dream. I recently added a CB version to the family, thinking I'd sell off the shorter gun. Now I'm not so sure!

That is some beautiful wood on that 1895. I wouldn't sell it, you'll regret it later. I told my wife I had always wanted a full size 1895 and she asked if I was going to sell my guide gun since I got this new one. I said no, I'm keeping both.:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
That's a very good day! Beautiful wood makes a good rifle a great rifle in my book.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Great deal on a beauty...did you shoot her yet?

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
A great buy on a beautiful gun. I sold my 1895SS last week and now i am having second thoughts, too late now. eh

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great deal on a beauty...did you shoot her yet?
took it out Sat and ran 25rds through it. I wasn't able to get the elevation dialed in because I had the rear sight maxed out and it was still shooting about 3" low at 100yds. I just ordered a lower front sight from Skinner and that should be here Fri so hopefully the weather cooperates this weekend so I can finish getting it sighted in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts