Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends and fellow addicts, I'm proud to announce my horrible case of Marlinitis has officially spread to my father (Don) who joined the Forum and now posts under "justfunshooter." He recently purchased a rather pristine 336W off Gunbroker. The rifle will go to our smithy for a once over then off to the range to see what she likes to shoot.

Please extend to him the same quality of ball busting, ribbing, teasing, tomfoolery, and outstanding knowledge of Marlins each of you has given me over the past year.

Next up...My son loves my 1895SS in .45-70 but the recoil is too much for the 12 year old at this point. So I got the 336 CS in .30-30 and suspect he will soon be an addict. And, if If I know my brother...the second he cycles the action on any of my rifles he's gonna be hooked too.

It's all in the family now, just the way it should be.

Cheers,
Matthew

·
Registered
317 Posts
Keep the marlinitis to yourself, we don't need the competition. Lol
Your father should enjoy it here. This is one of the best forums I've been on. Great group of guys (and gals) here.

·
Premium Member
13,995 Posts
The lady who has property close to mine made her husband buy her 336 30-30 to replace her .243 after seeing some of my Marlins. Another friend gave up his bolt action and bought a 336 after shooting my 35 Rem. I guess it is catching and I'm a carrier also. :biggrin:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mazer those cowboys are looking long in the tooth....I think you need to consider selling them to me so I can take good care of them long term :vollkommenauf:

Sayin,
M

Reactions: Pereira

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Marlinitis is a very contagious disease!!!! Now go buy you some more!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes Sir!! Marlinitis spreads quickly. I brought my new Guide gun to work and showed one of my friends. He just bought a Henry 357 Big boy. Now he wants to sell it and get a Marlin lol

·
Registered
10,613 Posts
Yes Sir!! Marlinitis spreads quickly. I brought my new Guide gun to work and showed one of my friends. He just bought a Henry 357 Big boy. Now he wants to sell it and get a Marlin lol
Sgt Recoil tell your friend to just hold on to that Henry and just go buy a Marlin, or two.

·
Registered
10,613 Posts
To the OP congrats on inflicted, I mean persuading the family.

·
Registered
990 Posts
mjmorrismd,
Congrats on officially having enough family members with Marlins to have your own flight at the next silhouette match! Shucks, thats good man, Keep spreading the good word.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts