Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I have officially found a new obsession... I'm about a month into owning my second rifle ever, a 30AS in 30-30. I am just loving my rifle, but I am floored by the long range posts here with the 38-55. If I were able to find a rifle in 38-55, what revolvers could I find to pair it with in the same caliber and are they available anywhere? I've picked up rumors of these but am not able to find any listings for them.
I appreciate any education you could give me on the subject.

Thanks gentlemen,
Joe

·
Registered
36 Posts
Joe: Glad you fell in love with Marlins. Got my first one from Mom & Dad about 57 years ago. Still have it & about six others.
The 38-55 is a long cartridge rifle caliber. It can't be paired up with any pistol calibers. The Model 1894 is chambered in the shorter pistol caliber cartridges. You could pair it up with a revolver in 38/357, 44 Mag, 45 Colt.

Best Wishes! Have a safe/good time!
Hank M.
NRA Benefactor/Instructor

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:)Boy, do I feel silly....I should have realized that before I posted, especially because of the bullet weights and loads I'm reading about... Thanks for the quick response and for the patience you took in letting me know where the flaw in my query was, Hank.

Best regards,

Joe

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Hey there blklghtj -- Although you may not be able to pair a pistol with your 38-55 rifle, it is still essential you carry a pistol whilst out with your rifle. You will find that you will shoot up every bullet you have for your rifle, every time, and you would then be defenseless without a good sidearm! You won't be so vulnerable until you can get back to the reloading bench. Hope this helps. Best regards. Wind

·
Registered
676 Posts
If you want real wow factor check out Magnum Research's BFR revolver in 45-70, too bad they don't make it in 38-55.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Perhaps it's time to push Magnum Research into chambering a run in 38-55. I'm thinkin Wind and Wet Dog could give the CEO and CFO a 200 yd headstart and show them the error of their ways in not offering that chambering ;D. Other than being heavy as heck, I think it would sell out a run of 500 or so with no problems. Other than that the only other option I'm aware of is the TC Contender with a shorter barrel. I'll bet that baby would really "bark" with a 10" barrel. :eek: DP

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
dpe.ahoy said:
Perhaps it's time to push Magnum Research into chambering a run in 38-55. I'm thinkin Wind and Wet Dog could give the CEO and CFO a 200 yd headstart and show them the error of their ways in not offering that chambering ;D. Other than being heavy as heck, I think it would sell out a run of 500 or so with no problems. Other than that the only other option I'm aware of is the TC Contender with a shorter barrel. I'll bet that baby would really "bark" with a 10" barrel. :eek: DP
I have a TC Contender in 375 Win with 14" barrel and yes it does bark!(and stings the palms a bit) ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts