Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my first post :)

I live in the Australian bush where we don't exactly have a gun store I can wander into to check things out ( closest one is about 400 km's).
I have a marlin xt-22tr on order, and would like to scope it, I have been shooting since I was about 5 years old but believe it or not I've never put a scope on a firearm before, never felt the need too, but now my eyes aren't what they were.So my question is, what rails ( if any) did you use? what size-height-brand rings did you use ? for scoping this particular little bunny gun ?. I'm looking at several scopes but I think a Leupold is going to win out. The reason for all the questions is that I have seen on youtube several guys doing some weird and wonderful things to their brand new guns to get the bolt all the way back after scoping.

Than you for taking the time to read this :)

·
Registered
990 Posts
Howdy and welcome the Marlin Owners Forum. I am unable to find the XT 22TR on Marlins Website? I have NO experience with the XT 22TR, however we just bought and scoped a XT 22MR (.22mag) not sure how close the 2 models are to each other, but the receiver, bolt, etc all look pretty similar. On the marlin website under the rimfire section is where the XT 22 models are listed. Also in that section is a drop down menu for accesories. In the section for scope bases its says that the Marlin 900 series are what is needed for the XT. That is what we found works on our XT. Check out the link below and that is the field report we posted on our XT, included the scope mounting and what all parts we used, plus pictures. There are a couple of more pictures of the install on our profile page under photo albums. Just click on my name or something over by the avitar and that will take you the page. Additionally at the top of the forum page is a search tool, just type in what you are looking for and that is another good way to find information on this site. good luck and let me know if you have more questions.
http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/r...lt-action-xt-22mr-quality-scope-mounting.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hiya Mountain Hunter and thanks for the warm welcome, I would say the two are nearly Identical except obviously mines in .22Lr and has a tube magazine
MFCXT-22TR-70821-sm.jpg
And thankyou so much for the heads up on the accessories section, thats perfect, very much appreciated.
All the best and good hunting :)

PS : Thats a mighty nice setup you have there

·
Registered
58 Posts
The XT will accept the scope bases for a 900 series Marlin. Those are Weaver style. I just mounted a set to my new XT22M.

Greg

·
Registered
711 Posts
Weaver #12 bases and Weaver Grand Slam steel high rings on mine...

Works for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
+1 on the #12 Weaver bases if you chose to put bases on it.

Not sure what the problem is with others rifles. I have a Simmons .22 Mag. mounted on my Xt-22 using the dovetail grooves and Weaver medium rimfire rings. It is fairly close but works just fine. Bolt handle clears the scope by at least 1/2" and maintains the low profile I like.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys I really appreciate the relies, comments and images. At the moment im trying to track down some marlin 900 scope bases though raytrade in australia ( apparently they are the new marlin importers for Australia ) but there website is still in the building stages, so we shall see if i get a return email.
I really am impressed with the amount of support the Marlin community gives here, also very gratefull :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
G'day MeccaOz and welcom,
Have you looked at Western Firearms online? I get a lot of gear off them no problems. There is also Midway Australia via ebay that I have delt with, also no probs. I am in the same boat as you bigger shops= real big drive:driver:

My marlin 917 has CZ mounts with a BSA contender scope thats working well. (CZ mounts was all I could get at the time)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if the weaver #12 comes in silver. I want to mount them to my xt22 sr which is stainless steel. Black might not look too good.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I could not find any BUT they are aluminum and I'm going to sand and buff mine it is very easy to do I have done a few parts for my stainless Ruger 10/22
I may try a stripper on the weaver #12's so they will look more of a dull silver and not chrome like when they are buffed

Rick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts