Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this because there is a lot of information on here about this conversion, but none of them include using all factory parts. I got a lot of information off this site, but wanted to share more for others.

Sorry for the silly thread name.

I recently updated a really nice XT-17VR marlin rifle that came with a ****ty factory plastic toy stock. I upgraded it, as many XT owners do, to a Boyd's Tacticool.

I, like many others ran into problems. Namely, the trigger gaurd on the XT-17's is molded plastic and is part of the stock. So, when you go to move the rifle into it's new Boyd's home, you are left without a trigger gaurd and a rear takedown screw that is WAY too long and interferes with the bolt.

I am posting this, because I did a ton of research on the net and everyone else had some crazy solutions using parts form the hardware store. I used 100% factory Marlin parts but you have to know what to order to make your XT rifle slide into a Boyd's stock. I hope this post will save another enterprising INGO'er some time.
  • Marlin Trigger Gaurd Part #G3207580 (FITS: 15YN, .22; 17V, .17 Mag; 25 - Common Parts, .22; 882, .22 Mag; 882L, .22 Mag; 883, .22 Mag)
  • Marlin Rear Take-Down Screw Part #G3040010 (FITS: 17VS, .17 Mag)
  • Marlin Trigger Gaurd Screw Part #G3040030 (FITS: 15YS, .22; 17VS, .17 Mag; 883SS, .22 Mag)
I ordered all of this from Brownells. I didn't have to machine or change anything. It all fit like a glove. You just have to study Marlin's designs and figure out what parts they like to use interchangeably on a lot of their rifles.

GL, I hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great info. Another scenario that I am having difficulty with (because I do not want to use hardware store parts) ... I ordered a Boyd's Rimfire Hunter replacement stock for my XT-17 bull barrel but now my rear takedown screw is about 1/8" too short. Everything else fits fine so I am hesitant to alter the stock, but I cannot find a stainless rear takedown screw anywhere that is 1/8" longer than the original. Suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts